Two explosions at Boston marathon finish line

Moderators: DrVolin, Elvis, Jeff

Re: Two explosions at Boston marathon finish line

Postby FourthBase » Fri May 29, 2015 9:32 pm

Eh, 30 years ago baldheaded men might've constituted an interesting pattern. But in the meantime going totally bald has become a pretty common thing middle aged dudes do. The pattern being detected is just male pattern baldness, I think. Also, for serious marathon runners, total baldness is probably an aerodynamic choice, right? A number of the baldies we see are runners-still-running and runners-who-already-finished.

The thing that interests me the most in the video in a crowdwatching sense was early on, at 0:45, after the Tsarnaevs pass Whiskey's, they stop for a second, and there's a guy in a red hat and red coat (Nationals hat?) at the bottom of the screen who happens to stop and look away and turn around at that precise moment, almost like he's trailing them and doesn't want them to see him doing so. Then again, maybe it's just accidental timing.
“Joy is a current of energy in your body, like chlorophyll or sunlight,
that fills you up and makes you naturally want to do your best.” - Bill Russell
User avatar
FourthBase
 
Posts: 6751
Joined: Thu May 05, 2005 4:41 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Two explosions at Boston marathon finish line

Postby Jerky » Sun May 31, 2015 8:40 pm

Just curious, but has Mac been banned for a week or two yet? And if not, why not?

Jerky

P.S. - Trying to insult me by throwing the name I chose for myself back in my face is pretty fucking lame. Like all of Mac's ridiculous bloviating autofelatio delusions-of-grandeur drivel.
User avatar
Jerky
 
Posts: 2240
Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2005 6:28 pm
Location: Toronto, ON
Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Two explosions at Boston marathon finish line

Postby Elvis » Sun May 31, 2015 11:17 pm

:koolaid: :backtotopic:
"Frankly, I don't think it's a good idea but the sums proposed are enormous."
User avatar
Elvis
 
Posts: 6212
Joined: Fri Apr 11, 2008 7:24 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Two explosions at Boston marathon finish line

Postby 82_28 » Mon Jun 01, 2015 3:06 am

No. Mac should not be "banned" nor suspended. He has every right to speak his mind and what was on it at the time. Thus he did. Live wit it. Believe it or not, we are all actually friends in the long run and it is possible to just read something without someone you disagree with getting "punished" or dumped. :thumbsup

Wombat got rid of that racist fool (El Amigo) which was a good move because racism never has any place. Mac has been here many years and is beloved by comparison to some drive by dick. Jerky, you are liked as well, just don't personalize what people say and wish them ill. It's only a conversation and I happened to have liked Mac's attitude in the latest pages of this thread.
There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
User avatar
82_28
 
Posts: 11175
Joined: Fri Nov 30, 2007 4:34 am
Location: North of Queen Anne
Blog: View Blog (0)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Know_Nothing

Postby IanEye » Mon Jun 01, 2015 7:42 pm

MacCruiskeen » Fri May 29, 2015 5:09 am wrote:
Compare that cosy near-consensus, that happy know-nothingism, that yay-team cruelty, with the early years of this board.



82_28 » Sun May 24, 2015 2:41 pm wrote:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kathleen_O%27Toole

I think O'Toole being hired out of Boston is at least interesting for the furthest contiguous west coast city there is from Boston, as the crow flies.
In other words, she would not know where to turn in most cases just as I were I in Boston, wouldn't know where to turn either. But I'm not the chief of police.

She has no love for Seattle.
And obviously she had no love for Boston either.



Elvis » Sun May 24, 2015 3:50 pm wrote:
82_28 wrote:How do you snag some police chief from Boston and put her in place in a city she knows nothing of?



She's a manager.





"You couldn't have scripted a more challenging first year for any police commissioner," says Superintendent Paul Joyce, a member of the command staff who lived through it with her. O'Toole's freshman year was marked by a wrongful-conviction scandal, stemming from incompetence in the department's fingerprint unit; the demands of the 2004 Democratic National Convention; and two victory parades, for the Red Sox and the Patriots (again), which drew hundreds of thousands of fans into the city.

On October 20, 2004, the night the Red Sox defeated the Yankees to clinch the American League pennant, police fatally shot a 21-year-old Emerson College student who'd joined more than 10,000 revelers around Fenway Park. Televised images from a press conference of an ashen Commissioner O'Toole accepting "full responsibility" for the accidental death of Victoria Snelgrove were ingrained in the city's collective memory.

O'Toole's handling of the tragedy defined her tenure, in many observers' eyes. Immediately, she placed the officers involved on leave and opened two internal investigations and an independent, external one. An errant shot from a pepper-pellet gun had entered the left eye of Snelgrove, causing brain injuries from which she died the following day. That afternoon, O'Toole met Snelgrove's parents on the steps of their East Bridgewater home, before other family members and the media arrived. Her eyes well as she recalls the experience, but she declines to share details. "They were two grieving parents," she says.

She arranged a police motorcycle escort for their daughter's funeral, and the Snelgroves accepted a record $5.1 million settlement from the city; later the Snelgroves joined the city in a claim against the FN Herstal Corporation, manufacturer of the pellet gun. In August of this year, they told the Boston Globe they held O'Toole in "immense respect."


http://bcm.bc.edu/issues/fall_2005/ft_otoole.html
User avatar
IanEye
 
Posts: 4856
Joined: Tue Jan 17, 2006 10:33 pm
Blog: View Blog (29)

Re: Two explosions at Boston marathon finish line

Postby MacCruiskeen » Tue Jun 02, 2015 7:06 am

Jerky » Sun May 31, 2015 7:40 pm wrote:Just curious, but has Mac been banned for a week or two yet? And if not, why not?

Jerky

P.S. - Trying to insult me by throwing the name I chose for myself back in my face is pretty fucking lame. Like all of Mac's ridiculous bloviating autofelatio delusions-of-grandeur drivel.


What's your beef, Jerky? Take it up with the lexicographers.

Your entire contribution to this "discussion" has been two drive-by one-line posts, both of them gratuitous and witless dumbfuck insults, both of them directed at me. That's been your argument, in its totality. A nasty nothing for no reason. That's been your best shot at showing how seriously you take this whole issue. Now you come cringeing and whingeing and smirking and salivating, hoping to get me banned. What a fine fellow you are. You'd be an asset to any jury, at least in Boston.

Ian. what point are you trying to make with these uncommented marathon quote-a-thon posts? Speak English. (You have also been defacing the evidence thread in the Data Dump with reams of this stuff -- presumably since you have no better "evidence" to offer -- while IAWIA drives by and snickers and applauds).

Back on-topic:

So, this hasn't been a complete waste of time. We have now finally established the simple point I've been making all along (against vehement and indeed venomous opposition):

1. There is no film of Dzokhar Tsarnaev depositing any bag at the finish line (or anywhere else).

2. There is no film of Tamerlan Tsarnaev -- remember him? -- depositing any bag at the finish line (or anywhere else).

... although The Authorities lied and claimed there was.

The case against the Tsarnaevs -- one dead, one speechless -- is not so much fragile as non-existent.

Government agents 'directly involved' in most high-profile US terror plots

• Human Rights Watch documents 'sting' operations
• Report raises questions about post-9/11 civil rights

Spencer Ackerman in New York

Guardian, Monday 21 July 2014 14.30 BS

Nearly all of the highest-profile domestic terrorism plots in the United States since 9/11 featured the "direct involvement" of government agents or informants, a new report says.

Some of the controversial "sting" operations "were proposed or led by informants", bordering on entrapment by law enforcement. Yet the courtroom obstacles to proving entrapment are significant, one of the reasons the stings persist. ...

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/j ... ots-report
There sawe I fyrst the derke ymagynyng
Of felony [...]
The pyckpurse and eke the pale drede,
The smyler, with the knyfe under the cloke.
User avatar
MacCruiskeen
 
Posts: 9692
Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2006 6:47 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Two explosions at Boston marathon finish line

Postby MacCruiskeen » Tue Jun 02, 2015 8:53 am

From the late Richard Raznikov's 14-part Boston Bombings series, here are the two sections that focus on the shooting and capture of the unarmed Dzokhar Tsarnaev (aged 19), and on his 16-hour interrogation (while alone, wounded and speechless) by a team of specialists hastily flown in by Obama from the place known to tough guys as "Gitmo":

Boston: The Case Is Not Closed, Parts 9 and 10

by RAZFX Pro @ 2013-07-30 – 23:53:49

Dear Readers:

Yesterday I ran parts 7 and 8, which focused on Tamerlan Tsarnaev, the older brother of defendant Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, who faces a possible death penalty in the Boston bombings. Today, a consideration of the Dzhokhar’s capture and interrogation. Earlier sections are available by back scrolling.

9. The Capture In The Boat.

After the confrontation at Dexter and Laurel, Dzhokhar escaped in the stolen SUV, ditched the vehicle and his cell phone, and while the FBI, the Boston cops, and various army forces imposed a military lockdown and occupation on Boston and nearby towns, hid under the tarp on a boat in someone’s driveway in Watertown, where he was found on the evening of the 19th. Law enforcement actually learned of his presence hours earlier but waited until darkness fell. Present were officers from several agencies, including the Massachusetts State Police, local cops and transit cops.

The accounts of the search and of Dzhokhar’s capture are hard to credit. Watertown Police Chief Deveau, who seemed to vastly enjoy his sudden prominence, gave the most detailed descriptions to the mass media, who characteristically swallowed them, but he was wrong.

To CNN and the gullible Blitzer, Deveau said that Dzhokhar fired on police when they found him in the boat. “It was back and forth,” he said. “He was firing.” The Washington Post agreed, reporting that the suspect “was shooting back.”

It turned out, however, that the volley of shots fired at the scene, which reporters heard, all came from the police and special force personnel. Up to a hundred rounds were fired, all of them into the boat. Dzhokhar was unarmed. It was nearly a week later before the press corrected the error. As Sari Horwitz and Peter Finn wrote in the April 24th Post, “police feared he was heavily armed (but) the suspect in the Boston Marathon bombing had no firearms when he came under a barrage of police gunfire that struck the boat where he was hiding... Authorities said they were desperate to capture Dzhokhar Tsarnaev so he could be questioned. The FBI, however, declined to discuss what prompted the gunfire.”

Dzhokhar was shot in the throat, according to all first news accounts of his capture. There was also plenty of wild speculation. The British paper, The Mirror, apparently prone to exaggeration on a massive scale, claimed that the suspect tried to take his own life “in a desperate bid to avoid... a possible death penalty,” by putting a gun into his mouth and pulling the trigger, though how this could help him to avoid the death penalty was not specified. “Reports say the bullet passed through his throat, just missing his spinal cord, and came out the back of his neck.”

There is now a photograph of Dzhokhar in circulation which shows him emerging from the boat, taken by Massachusetts State Police photographer Sgt. Sean Murphy. Murphy is said to have leaked this and other pictures to Boston Magazine because he was disturbed by the ‘glamorized’ cover shot of the suspect in Rolling Stone. He’s in trouble for doing it, and is under investigation.

The Murphy photo seems to show Dzhokhar without a throat wound at all. This may be due to angles and shadows obscuring it. To further muddle the situation, there is speculation that, despite the government’s story, Dzhokhar was not shot in the throat but cut. .

Says Officer Jeff Campbell of the Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority Transit Police SWAT unit, part of the team which apprehended Dzhokhar, “it wasn’t a puncture hole. It was a slice where it was spread open, possibly a piece of shrapnel from one of the explosives that they were using the night before. It didn’t look like a bullet wound to me. It looked like a cut of some kind.”

According to authorities, the brother was taken to the hospital with several wounds, among them a wound to the throat which prevented him from speaking. This disability did not prevent government agents from questioning him for sixteen hours, though, until a federal judge personally intervened.

10. A Very Strange Interrogation.

Until federal judge Marianne B. Bowler came to Dzhokhar Tsarnaev’s hospital room to put a stop to it, he was subject to questioning for sixteen hours, not by Boston police or even local FBI agents, but by a special team of interrogators, the High Value Detainee Interrogation Group flown to Boston from Guantanamo Bay Prison by order of the President.

Obama said at the time that agents could question the suspect without the presence of an attorney under an exception to the Miranda Rule. This little used exception, however, as the President certainly knew, permits at most a handful of questions and is narrowly applied only to circumstances in which lives may be in immediate danger.

Why, then, did Obama do it? What did he expect to gain? The violation of Miranda would jeopardize any statement Tsarnaev might make under interrogation and be inadmissible in court. In fact, this quite literally endangered any trial and prospective conviction, even if the Supreme Court is inclined to fry the defendant.

But that is not the only disturbing aspect of this chain of events. For the President to order in this particular interrogation unit from Guantanamo should set off alarm bells for anyone familiar with their special talents.

The federal government, as I have documented several times, knows full well that most of the prisoners at Guantanamo are factually innocent of any crimes; the Pentagon’s own study says this, as does the Red Cross. Yet, these people have been held for more than a decade and there are scant prospects for their release. Their conditions are so terrible that the vast majority recently spent months in a hunger strike to try to gain the attention of the outside world. Sadly, most Americans don’t give a shit.

Still, what is the principal task of the High Value Detainee Interrogation Group? It’s not as though the FBI has a dearth of qualified agents, and it’s not as though Boston Police can’t field skilled questioners. The Guantanamo team specializes in one thing and you know what that is: extracting false confessions from innocent people.

As journalist Andy Worthington has exposed (see his book, The Guantanamo Files), and has been confirmed by federal judges in habeas corpus petitions, the U.S. government has obtained false confessions from Guantanamo prisoners under torture. This is the specialty of the HVDIG. As I’m sure you know, there are forms of torture which are psychological, so it may have been unnecessary, as well as impractical, for these spooks to waterboard Dzhokhar in his hospital room.

It has since emerged that Tsarnaev repeatedly asked for an attorney and his request was ignored. These agents must have known, just as Obama knew, that refusing to provide a lawyer to a suspect who requests one, as was the case here, can not only contaminate any statement they might get but actually get any later conviction thrown out.

The questioners were senior people, fully aware that what they were doing was risky. But they proceeded. Then they leaked to a helpful mass media that the accused had confessed to them that he and his brother had planned and carried out the bombings due to their anger at U.S. policies in Afghanistan and Iraq. The leak was insupportable. Under these circumstances, and with the putative defendant without counsel, there could be only one purpose: to poison the public mind about Dzhokhar Tsarnaev and short-circuit any further or parallel investigation.

Why would they do this? If the government had the airtight case it claims to have, it would not want to take chances with it. It would not need to further prejudice a public already willing to chow down on any official story it was told. Moreover, this supposed ‘confession’ could never be used in evidence, so what good was it?

That’s when former FBI agent and network shill John Miller came to the rescue, telling his CBS audience that, amazingly, there was a Tsarnaev confession that was admissible after all because one had been discovered, written on the inside of the boat where he’d hidden. He’d left a rambling explanation, Miller said, which informed the world that an attack on one Muslim was an attack on all.

The hospital ‘confession’ had done it’s work, further magnifying the public’s certainty that the brothers were guilty although direct evidence was rather paltry. What was needed was another ‘confession,’ one which could be used in evidence.

Hence, the fortuitous, rambling tell-all written by a bullet-riddled suspect, inside a boat, in the dark, on fiberglass, with a Sharpie that he had either been saving for just such a purpose or had found conveniently lying around.

Tomorrow: Part 11: Terrorism In The U.S.A.

http://lookingglass.blog.co.uk/2013/07/ ... -16278037/


Imagine this was happening in Russia. Imagine the outrage, and the scorn.
There sawe I fyrst the derke ymagynyng
Of felony [...]
The pyckpurse and eke the pale drede,
The smyler, with the knyfe under the cloke.
User avatar
MacCruiskeen
 
Posts: 9692
Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2006 6:47 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Words. And tea.

Postby IanEye » Tue Jun 02, 2015 1:37 pm

MacCruiskeen » Tue Jun 02, 2015 7:06 am wrote:What's your beef, Jerky? Take it up with the lexicographers.

Your entire contribution to this "discussion" has been two drive-by one-line posts, both of them gratuitous and witless dumbfuck insults, both of them directed at me. That's been your argument, in its totality. A nasty nothing for no reason. That's been your best shot at showing how seriously you take this whole issue. Now you come cringeing and whingeing and smirking and salivating, hoping to get me banned. What a fine fellow you are. You'd be an asset to any jury, at least in Boston.

Ian. what point are you trying to make with these uncommented marathon quote-a-thon posts? Speak English.



Well, Mohatma Ghandi was a little spindly-bottomed and raggedy-headed boy
that grew up in a Western-Kentucky village called Johnstonville.
In Harrison County; there he grew up.
His mother was a white woman;
his father was a rastafarian who refused to buy the family seafood on their outings.
And there he developed a taste for convertables, blonde-headed women,
and a big old long Indian dick.


With one post you have used a person's past words to question their behavior, then in the same post, you have questioned my use of your own past words to point out your behavior.

Your behavior in this and other instances is called, "acting like a shitbag".
We have all seen what happens to shitbags.


There is an individual named Abdulrahman Ali Alharbi.
Abdulrahman Ali Alharbi was at the scene of an explosion at the Boston Marathon.
A lot of people, including Glenn Beck, though Abdulrahman Ali Alharbi was a bomber.

When accused, Abdulrahman Ali Alharbi had an interesting reaction.
He acted like an innocent person.
He didn't act like a shitbag.
People tried to make him out to be a shitbag, but his own actions proved Alharbi wasn't a shitbag.


The Tsarnaev brothers felt it was very important to attend the 2013 Boston Marathon together.
They arrived together, each carrying backpacks.
Then, they split up.
One Tsarnaev brother took his backpack to the scene of one explosion.
The other Tsarnaev brother took his backpack to the scene of the other explosion.
When they each left the scene of each of the explosions, neither Tsarnaev brother had their backpack.

That is called, "acting like a shitbag".
We have all seen what happens to shitbags.

You can make your claim that I am a fascist, and that I act in a fascist manner on this board, but everyone can see that in fact I do not act like a fascist.
This is an anti-fascist board.
So, if someone wanted to remove me from this board, the first thing they would try to do would be to label my actions as fascist.

For as long as the moderators let you, you will continue to act like a shitbag on this thread.
This truth is self evident.


Well, pretty soon little Mohatma Ghandi
was going three hundred miles an hour, and I'll tell you what.
He was going three hundred miles an hour
because his strangely turbocharged penis-head was making him do it that way.
Just kidding--Mohatma Ghandi had a tremendous career in high school,
in college, and in law school, and in the House of Representatives.
There he found himself as a presidential candidate.
He met up with Mary-Jo Kopechne and across the Chappaquadick bridge they did ride.



.
User avatar
IanEye
 
Posts: 4856
Joined: Tue Jan 17, 2006 10:33 pm
Blog: View Blog (29)

Re: Two explosions at Boston marathon finish line

Postby MacCruiskeen » Tue Jun 02, 2015 2:08 pm

IanEye wrote:Your behavior in this and other instances is called, "acting like a shitbag".
We have all seen what happens to shitbags.


Since the only other person you've described as a shitbag is Dzokhar Tsarnaev, the answer is obvious: They get shot by the cops, interrogated by specialists from what tough guys call "Gitmo", and then either fried or left to rot for decades (or both), by The Authorities. Right? Right.

So you're threatening me, Ian, right? You're threatening me with Dzokhar Tsarnaev's fate (or maybe his brother's), right? Right. The fact that it is a ridiculous threat does not make it any less obviously a threat.

You take special care to make it absolutely clear, by repeating it:

IanEye wrote:That is called, "acting like a shitbag".
We have all seen what happens to shitbags.


What kind of a person makes and repeats such threats, such casually sinister insinuations? What kind of a person responds to rebuttal by pointing to The Authorities' treatment of those designated "shitbags" (sic)? It seems that Ian has a clue:

IanEye wrote:You can make your claim that I am a fascist, and that I act in a fascist manner on this board, but everyone can see that in fact I do not act like a fascist.


Ian, you act like one of those nice guys I was talking about earlier in this thread. And I'm afraid you're not going get out of that hole you're in if you just keep digging away.

(The rest of your free-verse composition makes no point whatsoever that is not untrue, irrelevant or question-begging, and is therefore not worth replying to.)
There sawe I fyrst the derke ymagynyng
Of felony [...]
The pyckpurse and eke the pale drede,
The smyler, with the knyfe under the cloke.
User avatar
MacCruiskeen
 
Posts: 9692
Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2006 6:47 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Two explosions at Boston marathon finish line

Postby Wombaticus Rex » Tue Jun 02, 2015 2:11 pm

MacCruiskeen » Tue Jun 02, 2015 1:08 pm wrote:Ian, you act like one of those nice guys I was talking about earlier in this thread. And I'm afraid you're not going get out of that hole you're in if you just keep digging away.


That's one theory.

My own is that you've been an increasingly snarling asshole for about ten pages now and motherfuckers are simply losing patience with you.

:thumbsup
User avatar
Wombaticus Rex
 
Posts: 10337
Joined: Wed Nov 08, 2006 6:33 pm
Location: Vermontistan
Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Two explosions at Boston marathon finish line

Postby MacCruiskeen » Tue Jun 02, 2015 2:27 pm

I see. Two minutes ago I was just a "shitbag", now I'm an "increasingly snarling asshole". That escalated quickly.

If a mere shitbag deserves to get fried or left to rot, what's a fitting punishment for a snarling asshole? Burned at the stake without a preceding show-trial, presumably. I admit I'm no real expert in the contemporary US legal system, but then it is hard to keep up. (It escalates so quickly.) Must ask The Authorities™.

IanEye wrote: for about ten pages now


The last ten pages speak for themselves, which is more than can be said for Dzokhar Tsarnaev*, the silent teenage immigrant Muslim patsy with the convenient hole in his throat and the grrrrreat defense team.

:thumbsup

* Or indeed for his brother Tamerlan, or indeed for the witness Ibragim Todashev. Dead men tell no tales.
There sawe I fyrst the derke ymagynyng
Of felony [...]
The pyckpurse and eke the pale drede,
The smyler, with the knyfe under the cloke.
User avatar
MacCruiskeen
 
Posts: 9692
Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2006 6:47 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Two explosions at Boston marathon finish line

Postby Wombaticus Rex » Tue Jun 02, 2015 3:19 pm

MacCruiskeen » Tue Jun 02, 2015 1:27 pm wrote:If a mere shitbag deserves to get fried or left to rot, what's a fitting punishment for a snarling asshole?


They're angry all the time and feel generally persecuted by reality, so additional "punishment" seems a bit excessive.

I'd just like to see some acknowledgement it is possible for people to disagree with you without being, you know, Fascists. Your beliefs aren't the problem -- your psychoanalysis of those who hold different beliefs is obnoxious, though.

Accusations of Fascism are...supposed to be a bigger deal...but here, it's so detatched from any semblance of a coherent definition, it's just another ad hominem noun floating in the cool breeze of free speech.

Everyone in this thread is a victim and I feel just terrible for letting this happen.
User avatar
Wombaticus Rex
 
Posts: 10337
Joined: Wed Nov 08, 2006 6:33 pm
Location: Vermontistan
Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Two explosions at Boston marathon finish line

Postby DrEvil » Tue Jun 02, 2015 6:42 pm

@Mac: Since you obviously don't buy the official story (and I don't think anyone here does), what exactly is your take on it? What really happened?
"I only read American. I want my fantasy pure." - Dave
User avatar
DrEvil
 
Posts: 2658
Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:37 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Two explosions at Boston marathon finish line

Postby Nordic » Wed Jun 03, 2015 2:34 am

He posted this, which is a very compelling read:

http://lookingglass.blog.co.uk/2013/07/ ... -16266652/


I just dove into it. Good stuff.
"He who wounds the ecosphere literally wounds God" -- Philip K. Dick
Nordic
 
Posts: 14133
Joined: Fri Nov 10, 2006 3:36 am
Location: California USA
Blog: View Blog (6)

.

Postby IanEye » Wed Jun 03, 2015 11:13 am

An individual can not believe the official story of the events in Dallas, Texas on November 2nd 1963, while at the same time refrain from condemning every citizen of Dallas, Texas.

An individual can not believe the official story of the events in New York City, NY on September 11th 2001, while at the same time refrain from condemning every citizen of New York City, NY.

An individual can not believe the official story of the events in Boston, MA on April 15th 2013, while at the same time refrain from condemning every citizen of Boston, MA.

This thread is full of individual instances of board members using a tragedy for no other purpose than to show us their moral and intellectual superiority.

Because it is obviously possible to state one's disagreements with official accounts without denigrating an entire population.

Denigrating an entire population in no way serves an intellectual argument that the Tsarnaev's are not the only culprits in the Boston Marathon bombing.
That is not what the derision and scorn is there for, the derision and scorn is there because the individual making the argument has no interest in justice.

They are arguing to show us that they are better than us, they are smarter than us, they are morally superior to us.
They are not arguing on behalf of the Tsarnaev's, they are arguing on behalf of themselves.

There are any number of threads where this same supposed superior behavior exists.
I don't bother with those threads.
I do not live in Texas.
I do not live in the Five Boroughs.
I live in the greater Boston area.

Anyone who comes here and stands on top of the dead bodies in Boston in order to heap scorn on them and trumpet their own superiority can count on me calling them out for what they are.

Anyone who comes here and points at the disfigured citizens of Boston in order to call them crisis actors and trumpet their own superiority can count on me calling them out for what they are.

Individuals who mock the people of Boston, and what they have been through are not worthy of respect.
They will not be treated with respect.

They will be treated like an individual who is standing at the grave of their own child because of their own negligent actions.

They will be treated like someone who has fucked up and cannot in any way rectify their fuck up.

They will be treated like someone who has put their own ego in front of justice.
User avatar
IanEye
 
Posts: 4856
Joined: Tue Jan 17, 2006 10:33 pm
Blog: View Blog (29)

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 13 guests