Active Shooter San Bernardino

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Active Shooter San Bernardino

Postby 82_28 » Sat Dec 05, 2015 8:24 am

Any one of these joints should have some footage of something:

https://www.google.com/search?client=ub ... =0&tbm=lcl
There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby zangtang » Sat Dec 05, 2015 8:50 am

unless of course the Curtis short isn't some (yea, fractal in a way)
insideous strange attractor joke on our need to understand....& ease of manipulation thereby.........

for which i would feel the need to severely reprimand him in public.
zangtang

Postby seemslikeadream » Sat Dec 05, 2015 9:04 am

The last time the New York Times published a page one editorial was 1920.

On Saturday, 95 years since the Paper of Record "lamented the nomination of Warren G. Harding" on its front page, the Times will publish a call to "End the Gun Epidemic in America," including calling for a ban on some weapons.

Labeling it "a moral outrage and national disgrace," the Times decries "that civilians can legally purchase weapons designed to kill people with brutal speed and efficiency."

And the Editorial Board offers push back to Second Amendment activists:

"It is not necessary to debate the peculiar wording of the Second Amendment. No right is unlimited and immune from reasonable regulation."

The paper also calls for a ban on the deadliest of weaponry, labeling them "weapons of war, barely modified and deliberately marketed as tools of macho vigilantism and even insurrection."

"Certain kinds of weapons, like the slightly modified combat rifles used in California, and certain kinds of ammunition, must be outlawed for civilian ownership. It is possible to define those guns in a clear and effective way and, yes, it would require Americans who own those kinds of weapons to give them up for the good of their fellow citizens."

The Times does not hold back much, and applauds those who, like NCRM, slammed mostly GOP politicians who offered "thoughts and prayers" after the San Bernardino attack, yet have refused to offer anything more, like a vote in favor of real gun reform.

"America’s elected leaders offer prayers for gun victims and then, callously and without fear of consequence, reject the most basic restrictions on weapons of mass killing, as they did on Thursday. They distract us with arguments about the word terrorism. Let’s be clear: These spree killings are all, in their own ways, acts of terrorism."

https://twitter.com/nytopinion/status/6 ... wsrc%5Etfw

End the Gun Epidemic in America
​It is a moral outrage and national disgrace that civilians can legally purchase weapons designed to kill people with brutal speed and efficiency.
By THE EDITORIAL BOARDDEC. 4, 2015 778 COMMENTS

All decent people feel sorrow and righteous fury about the latest slaughter of innocents, in California. Law enforcement and intelligence agencies are searching for motivations, including the vital question of how the murderers might have been connected to international terrorism. That is right and proper.

But motives do not matter to the dead in California, nor did they in Colorado, Oregon, South Carolina, Virginia, Connecticut and far too many other places. The attention and anger of Americans should also be directed at the elected leaders whose job is to keep us safe but who place a higher premium on the money and political power of an industry dedicated to profiting from the unfettered spread of ever more powerful firearms.

It is a moral outrage and a national disgrace that civilians can legally purchase weapons designed specifically to kill people with brutal speed and efficiency. These are weapons of war, barely modified and deliberately marketed as tools of macho vigilantism and even insurrection. America’s elected leaders offer prayers for gun victims and then, callously and without fear of consequence, reject the most basic restrictions on weapons of mass killing, as they did on Thursday. They distract us with arguments about the word terrorism. Let’s be clear: These spree killings are all, in their own ways, acts of terrorism.

Every weekday, get thought-provoking commentary from Op-Ed columnists, The Times editorial board and contributing writers from around the world.

Opponents of gun control are saying, as they do after every killing, that no law can unfailingly forestall a specific criminal. That is true. They are talking, many with sincerity, about the constitutional challenges to effective gun regulation. Those challenges exist. They point out that determined killers obtained weapons illegally in places like France, England and Norway that have strict gun laws. Yes, they did.

But at least those countries are trying. The United States is not. Worse, politicians abet would-be killers by creating gun markets for them, and voters allow those politicians to keep their jobs. It is past time to stop talking about halting the spread of firearms, and instead to reduce their number drastically — eliminating some large categories of weapons and ammunition.

Certain kinds of weapons, like the slightly modified combat rifles used in California, and certain kinds of ammunition, must be outlawed for civilian ownership. It is possible to define those guns in a clear and effective way and, yes, it would require Americans who own those kinds of weapons to give them up for the good of their fellow citizens.

What better time than during a presidential election to show, at long last, that our nation has retained its sense of decency?
Mazars and Deutsche Bank could have ended this nightmare before it started.
They could still get him out of office.
But instead, they want mass death.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Blog: View Blog (83)

Postby elfismiles » Sat Dec 05, 2015 10:05 am

Source: TheAtlantic.com

David A. Graham
1:06 PM / December 4, 2015
What the Hell Just Happened on MSNBC and CNN?

A baffling, surreal scene just played out on the two networks, where the landlord of the San Bernardino shooting suspects apparently allowed reporters into their apartment.

The result was disturbing. On live national television, reporters sifted through the remains of the lives of Syed Rizwan Farook and Tashfeen Malik. They picked over children’s toys. They held up photos, speculating about whether the woman depicted in one might be Malik. They displayed Social Security cards and driver’s licenses with readily identifiable information—and not just for the deceased suspects:
https://twitter.com/redsteeze/status/672833741954355202

As if the journalistic irresponsibility of baselessly speculating while holding up images of potentially innocent people on TV wasn’t bad enough, it beggars belief the scene wasn’t taped off and guarded. Reporters were given free rein to walk through an apartment that is an important part of the investigation, and they were allowed to handle what one would expect to be evidence. Police didn’t appear to know the media tour was going on. Brian Ries of Mashable reports:
https://twitter.com/moneyries/status/672830661628190720

However, an NBC spokeswoman said the tour was approved by the FBI:
https://twitter.com/ErikaMasonhall/stat ... 5773202432

Senator Lindsey Graham, appearing on MSNBC via phone just as the network cut away from the footage, expressed astonishment that reporters were being allowed into the scene. Shocked reporters expressed revulsion on Twitter.

How did law enforcement fail to secure the apartment? What were the networks thinking? This seems like a pair of major institutional failures.

Update: Or maybe the landlord didn’t invite them in:
https://twitter.com/CBSLA/status/672835976054497281

http://www.theatlantic.com/notes/2015/1 ... bc/418893/
elfismiles

Blog: View Blog (4)

Postby elfismiles » Sat Dec 05, 2015 10:07 am

seemslikeadream » 05 Dec 2015 02:26 wrote:has anybody been talking about the theater incident? sorry if I missed it

no license plate on car suspicious person reports a worker there Monday night

Not sure what you are referring to SLAD.
elfismiles

Postby seemslikeadream » Sat Dec 05, 2015 10:24 am

at one of the press conferences it was said just that ....you can hear Rachel Maddow talk about it on last night's show...actually I think it was Thursday's show..not positive about that
Mazars and Deutsche Bank could have ended this nightmare before it started.
They could still get him out of office.
But instead, they want mass death.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Blog: View Blog (83)

Postby divideandconquer » Sat Dec 05, 2015 11:06 am

This escalation of the absurd shouldn't surprise anyone who is paying attention because it's just more evidence of the psychopaths in power attempting--and succeeding--to revise reality to their debased view of what the world should be now that they have the technology to create it, and after they have successfully replaced critically thinking citizens--relatively speaking-- with generations of indoctrinated zombies consumers trying to keep up in an economy that's rigged against them.

Elitists have the same mindset as a psychopath based on the trait they embody and psychopaths are predatory humans with a god-complex. Unfortunately if they're not born at top of the food-chain they slime their way up because psychopaths recruit psychopaths. They view us the way cats view mice, the way we view ants and they view emotions and empathy as a weakness, and they know that the very few who will see the big picture: the normalization of or redefining of reality on a grand scale to suit their demented agenda, are incapable of doing anything to stop them.

In other words, we're fucked. :zomg
'I see clearly that man in this world deceives himself by admiring and esteeming things which are not, and neither sees nor esteems the things which are.' — St. Catherine of Genoa
divideandconquer

Postby elfismiles » Sat Dec 05, 2015 11:20 am

Fortunately / Unfortunately - I never watch live television unless its streaming as I've not used my regular tv's antenna for ages and don't have cable. So I tend to only see this stuff as YouTube clips or as I mentioned, streaming live when I can find a feed online.

So I still have no context for references to a theater involved in this latest craziness.

EDIT: Okay, founder her youtube feed here and looks like this is the show from Thursday...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lv8B1qdJNYs

seemslikeadream » 05 Dec 2015 14:24 wrote:at one of the press conferences it was said just that ....you can hear Rachel Maddow talk about it on last night's show...actually I think it was Thursday's show..not positive about that
Last edited by elfismiles on Sat Dec 05, 2015 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
elfismiles

Postby elfismiles » Sat Dec 05, 2015 11:22 am

'She said she thought it was a drill:' Starting last year, center's staff began completing active shooter drills
December 2, 2015 by legitgov
Last updated: 12/05/2015 03:20:29

'She said she thought it was a drill:' Starting last year, center's staff began completing active shooter drills | 02 Dec 2015 | Today, we read: San Bernardino mass shooting leaves multiple dead, authorities say - At least 14 people were killed and up to three suspects were being sought in a mass shooting Wednesday on the grounds of a social services facility in Southern California, authorities said. San Bernardino County sheriff spokeswoman Coral Castro told Newsday that San Bernardino police are still searching for the trio of suspects. Authorities said 14 people were killed and at least 14 more were at area hospitals, some with "significant injuries."...A witness told CNN his daughter was evacuated from the building. "She said she thought it was a drill," he said. Starting last year, the staff began completing active shooter drills. [San Bernardino County participated in an active shooter exercise YESTERDAY. 'It looks the three actors have been caught.' Wow, blatant. (MSNBC) See also, for historical perspective: Active shooter drills held in Rancho Cucamonga | 01 Aug 2013 | Various law enforcement agencies in San Bernardino County worked together Thursday for hands-on drills simulating an active shooter inside a movie theater. They gathered at the Victoria Gardens Shopping Center in Rancho Cucamonga. During an early-morning drill, girls came out screaming for help, and the sheriff's department went into the movie theater in full tactical gear and guns drawn as if it were a real event. Officials have been practicing the drill all week. The Rancho Cucamonga Fire Department was one of the agencies participating in the event... Members of the fire department will go in with a team of armed law enforcement officers before the scene has been deemed completely safe to treat the seriously wounded. It's a technique modeled after what combat soldiers do to treat the wounded in a war zone. Also, see: Active-shooter drills held in Rancho Cucamonga by KABC – Los Angeles - Law enforcement agencies in San Bernardino County worked together for drills simulating an active shooter inside a theater. (Video)]

http://www.legitgov.org/She-said-she-th ... ve-shooter

FLASHBACKS:

Active-shooter drills held in Rancho Cucamonga
by KABC – Los Angeles 2:00 mins
Law enforcement agencies in San Bernardino County worked together for drills simulating an active shooter inside a theater.
http://news.yahoo.com/video/active-shoo ... 53774.html

Active-shooter drills held in Rancho Cucamonga
August 1, 2013 9:01:02 AM PDT
By Darsha Philips
http://abc7.com/archive/9192210/
elfismiles

Postby SonicG » Sat Dec 05, 2015 12:16 pm

Wow! Now it is the FB post plus basically a shout-out from IS (yo! Kill whitey!) to full-terrorist connection...as stated prior, this is nearly farcical...

The couple's motivation for the attack is a key focus for investigators. But ISIS' acknowledgment of Malik and Farook as supporters doesn't mean they were members or that someone from the group ordered it, said retired Air Force Lt. Col. Rick Francona, a CNN military analyst and a former intelligence officer.

ISIS, when claiming responsibility for other terrorist attacks, would call attackers "knights" or "soldiers" rather than supporters. It has, however, urged sympathizers to carry out attacks on their own.

"What they're calling these two are supporters, which is kind of a lesser level," indicating it might not have had direct contact with the couple, Francona said.
http://edition.cnn.com/2015/12/05/us/sa ... -shooting/
"a poiminint tidal wave in a notion of dynamite"
SonicG

Postby stickdog99 » Sat Dec 05, 2015 1:59 pm

stickdog99

Postby Luther Blissett » Sat Dec 05, 2015 2:59 pm

Nordic, I came here to post that exact Naomi Wolf quote. Even with all the wild hyperreal public spectacles of the past few years, this one really takes the cake for me. I 100% believe that the perpetrators are alive. And that there's a small chance they're even dumbfounded that they are being allowed to be set free.
The Rich and the Corporate remain in their hundred-year fever visions of Bolsheviks taking their stuff - JackRiddler
Luther Blissett

Postby 8bitagent » Sat Dec 05, 2015 3:30 pm

Luther Blissett » Sat Dec 05, 2015 1:59 pm wrote:Nordic, I came here to post that exact Naomi Wolf quote. Even with all the wild hyperreal public spectacles of the past few years, this one really takes the cake for me. I 100% believe that the perpetrators are alive. And that there's a small chance they're even dumbfounded that they are being allowed to be set free.

It is odd the only photos weve seen of Bonnie and al-Clyda are blurred out facial images. Maybe its reaching, but youd only want to have the media and public ransack an apartment to pieces barely a day after
an important crime scene treasure trove to muddle evidence and contaminate. So if say, there was evidence the killers were in contact with overseas 'terrorists', or if they were framed or being FBI informant 'handled' or
there were OTHER Americans involved...you know to make the crime scene 'safe'(staged to be almost mundane, peppered with the right amount of whistles like prayer rugs, a few Q'urans, Dummies Guide To Jihad books, etc)
and voila. Even if its nothing sinister, I doubt it's incompetence by the FBI to have allowed this bizarre media feast inside.

But there was no argument or incident at the daytime rec room party. So why did they come back, allegedly? Why not go to a mall or drive to LA and create a major spectacle with all those bombs and heavy weaponry?
One thing is the event is private with what Im guessing is no cameras that would be outside of law enforcement. a public shooting would have people with cellphones every which way capturing the event.
The only citizen footage we have is a blurry SUV with tinted windows buzzing thru and guns ringing out off camera
"Do you know who I am? I am the arm, and I sound like this..."-man from another place, twin peaks fire walk with me
8bitagent

Postby chump » Sat Dec 05, 2015 3:40 pm

"The more we do to you, the less you seem to believe we are doing it." - Joseph Mengele
chump

Postby norton ash » Sat Dec 05, 2015 3:42 pm

Maybe the shooters are enjoying their freedom with $$ for whacking County Health/Environment whistle-blowers or folks who knew too much in an extremely corrupt city and county -- all while dressed up as ISIS. An elaborate murder and frame-up has become my most likely scenario, and it doesn't seem nearly as mental as what we just witnessed... Law enforcement and media FUBAR.

Of course the press are busy today with list-icle journalism about 'women who've joined ISIS.' (#4 will shock you!)
Zen horse
norton ash

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion