Military patches from inside the black budget

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Postby 2012 Countdown » Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:55 pm

lol... "NOYFB" (None of your fucking business)

2012 Countdown

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Joe Hillshoist » Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:25 pm

To serve man ?

How does a wealth of ongoing persistent brutal and deliberate tyranny delivered thru the mass murder and plunder of Earths innocents in order to steal their assets, destroy their traditions, and quite literally steal their souls actually achieve this ?

Maybe they left out:

"... up on a platter."
Joe Hillshoist

Postby JackRiddler » Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:28 pm

Blank Spots on the Map:
The Dark Geography of the Pentagon's Secret World

Just saw Paglen speaking on C-SPAN:

http://www.booktv.org/program.aspx?Prog ... ayMedia=No

About the Program

Trevor Paglen profiles secret U.S. government installations that range from a weapons laboratory in New Mexico to prisons in Kabul and air bases in Georgia and California. Mr. Paglen contends that these clandestine operations maintained by the U.S. government and private corporations operate on a $40 billion annual budget. This event was hosted by City Lights Bookstore in San Francisco.

Video might show up at above link or at
http://www.youtube.com/booktv

His site:
http://www.paglen.com/

New book:
http://www.amazon.com/Blank-Spots-Map-G ... 0525951016

He is really good!
JackRiddler

Postby vigilant » Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:43 pm

“To Serve Man” reads the text above, a reference to a classic “Twilight Zone” episode in which man is the entree, not the customer.

For years I have had the belief that "serve", at the highest levels, does not mean service of humanity, but serving the systematically created ills of humanity, to humanity, for its profits. It would also fit mirror speak nicely.
The whole world is a stage...will somebody turn the lights on please?....I have to go bang my head against the wall for a while and assimilate....
vigilant

Re: Military patches from inside the black budget

Postby JackRiddler » Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:37 pm

This hasn't been seen in more than a year! It's a great thread, I'm kicking it in honor of the military's renaming of psy-ops.

Try a search for MISO to see how many pages before you find this:

Army drops 'psy ops' name for influence operations
Source: AP

FORT BRAGG, N.C. – The Army has dropped the Vietnam-era name "psychological operations" for its branch in charge of trying to change minds behind enemy lines, acknowledging the term can sound ominous.

The Defense Department picked a more neutral moniker: "Military Information Support Operations," or MISO.

U.S. Special Operations Command spokesman Ken McGraw said Thursday the new name, adopted last month, more accurately reflects the unit's job of producing leaflets, radio broadcasts and loudspeaker messages to influence enemy soldiers and civilians.

"One of the catalysts for the transition is foreign and domestic sensitivities to the term 'psychological operations' that often lead to a misunderstanding of the mission," McGraw said.

or this:

Your brain on psyops.
Last edited by JackRiddler on Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
We meet at the borders of our being, we dream something of each others reality. - Harvey of R.I.

To Justice my maker from on high did incline:
I am by virtue of its might divine,
The highest Wisdom and the first Love.

TopSecret WallSt. Iraq & more
JackRiddler

Postby LilyPatToo » Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:51 pm

After the way they've covertly frakked with minds on the domestic front, to say their ops are targeting "enemy" minds is quite revealing, isn't it? Jeez. MISO, huh?... :roll:

LilyPat
LilyPatToo

Postby JackRiddler » Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:50 pm

Kicking for anyone who missed this, one of the most informative threads here ever!

We meet at the borders of our being, we dream something of each others reality. - Harvey of R.I.

JackRiddler

Postby WakeUpAndLive » Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:47 pm

JackRiddler wrote:.

Kicking for anyone who missed this, one of the most informative threads here ever!

This thread just blew my mind, INSANE! thanks jack.
WakeUpAndLive

Postby psynapz » Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:44 pm

They fucking KWH'd the word psyops now!

Who do they think they are... Xe?
“blunting the idealism of youth is a national security project” - Hugh Manatee Wins
psynapz

Postby JackRiddler » Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:35 am

This is the real mission patch for a spy satellite heading into space today.

12/05/2013 @ 6:08PM
U.S. Spy Rocket Has Octopus-Themed 'Nothing Is Beyond Our Reach' Logo. Seriously.

The Office of National Intelligence was very excited about sending a rocket into space Thursday with a bunch of new satellites and live tweeted its launch. This would usually be a cute display of social media, along the lines of NASA getting the world excited about its Mars Curiosity Rover, except these are spy satellites that will likely be used to gather communications flotsam and who knows what else from people around the world. Dragnet surveillance is a touchy subject these days what with the Snowden leaks and constant new revelations about cell phones being turned into location trackers, listening in on foreign leaders’ phone calls and the vacuuming up of any information sent digitally that’s not encrypted. Given that, I was a little surprised that ODNI was bragging about the launch on Twitter and putting the mission patch for the rocket on prominent display as it looks like it was drawn by a writer for The Simpsons with his tongue firmly in his cheek.

“Ready for launch? An Atlas 5 will blast off at just past 11PM, PST carrying an classified NRO payload (also cubesats),” tweeted the Office of the Director of National Intelligence, including a pic of the logo for the satellite: a cartoon octopus wrapping its arms around the world, emblazoned, “Nothing is beyond our reach.” It’s maybe a little bit tone-deaf given the current controversy about just how much is within the reach of the NSA and other intel agencies. Or maybe it’s an attempt to embrace its new image.

“NROL-39 is represented by the octopus, a versatile, adaptable, and highly intelligent creature. Emblematically, enemies of the United States can be reached no matter where they choose to hide,” says Karen Furgerson, a spokesperson for the National Reconnaissance Office (NRO). “‘Nothing is beyond our reach’ defines this mission and the value it brings to our nation and the warfighters it supports, who serve valiently all over the globe, protecting our nation.”

It’s amazingly cartoon-like for an agency with a $10.3 billion budget, and it is decidedly more ominous that the logos slapped on previous missions, with the exception of a three-headed dragon licking the Earth like an ice cream cone.

Ready for launch? An Atlas 5 will blast off at just past 11PM, PST carrying an classified NRO payload (also cubesats) pic.twitter.com/ll7s0nCOPg

— Office of the DNI (@ODNIgov) December 5, 2013

The “payload” might be classified, but the Twitter account does share a few details.

“In addition its primary payload, the rocket will also carry a dozen mini satellites funded by the National Reconnaissance Office and @NASA,” tweets @ODNIgov. “Founded in 1961 the NRO is the agency in charge of designing, building, launching, and maintaining America’s intelligence satellites.”

In other words, spy satellites. The logo is certainly accurate, but maybe they should make it friendlier next time. Like a big Care Bear circling its arms around the world instead of a scary kraken.

JackRiddler

Postby JackRiddler » Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:24 am

(in response to Hunter who posted a new thread)

"The Octopus" is the patch of one of many Top Secret programs within the national security state. Given the sprawl, the many departments, competing interests and stubborn persistence of legacy programs within the U.S. military industrial complex, the technology deployed will not necessarily fit into a coherent central policy, system of surveillance, or "defense strategy." Most of these programs are funded out of a loose platform policy allowing agencies to develop, on their own, varieties of surveillance, intel and weapons systems.

The fundamental drive is to make money for corporate contractors and to justify the enormous budgets devoted to warmaking in the name of "defense." The people in charge are contractors and bureaucrats (most of whom will be employed by the contractors after retirement from service). Dozens of such programs have implanted themselves within the larger ecology of "Top Secret America," creating often redundant or irrelevant systems to get a portion of the tens of billions available in MIC funding that is completely unaccountable to public scrutiny and nearly untouched by Congressional "oversight." This black budget constitutes a realm of secret military dictatorship within even the increasingly hollow constitutional state.

While it's true that the ultimate tendency (and increasing reality) is toward a seamless total global surveillance state accessible to the power elite and its bureaucrats and contractors for self-service of their own needs, as well as in the implementation of general tyranny, this is inherent in the logics of empire, state power and capitalism. There is no need of a central plan, and the central planning that is happening effectively moves downhill toward this logical-seeming future path of empire, state power and capitalism, with the main incentive for individuals being to make a lot of money along the way.

Hunter » Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:46 am wrote:Serious question do you think the people who design shit like this have a sense of humor and sit back and say "oh this will get the conspiratard panties in a wad..."?

No!

"We," in the sense of those who dislike the permanent warfare state or unaccountable concentrations of power, are definitely not the intended recipients of this patch. They don't give a shit about "us," or the "conspiracy community" (ugh). We are completely irrelevant.

This patch, I would guess, is a memento for the members of the program and a boast to their own larger community within Top Secret America. It may also be meant as a challenge to "them," as in: the Russkies and Chinese and Terrrrrsts other supposed enemies and antagonists of America. They probably like to think their logo is intimidating. There's definitely a bit of "yeah, that's right, we rule the fucking world, fuck you if you don't like it."

Are they serious about this shit and trying to tell us something. And what is it they are trying to tell us, that they are commies and they are taking over and there isn't a fucking thing we can do about it?

Here as with most of the patches in the other thread, an insular tribal grouping produces a coat of arms celebrating their wished-for power over the world, albeit with an inescapable irony. The choice of imagery aggrandizes their macho, their egos.

One thing "they" definitely are not is commies. Who do you think "they" is? Some John Birch plot where the real-existing capitalist ruling class, or, in this case, a group of self-service operators inside Top Secret America, can be remotely mythologized as "communist"?!

They are not "taking over." They are within the groups that already are in charge by virtue of control over part of the state and ownership of well-deployed capital. They are using the power they already have to make money and aggrandize themselves, and build ever-more all-encompassing systems of power and domination.

JackRiddler

Re:

Postby MinM » Wed Apr 13, 2016 3:09 pm

vondardanelle » Tue Apr 01, 2008 11:56 am wrote:"SETEC ASTRONOMY" was from that movie "Sneakers" with Robert Redford. In themovie it was word jumble of the password for something. Un-jumbled it was: Too Many Secrets

On the dvd commentary the writers and producers of Sneakers claim to have downloaded a shareware program that randomizes anagrams. They used the anagram generator for the opening credits sequence too. Robert Redford translates to Fort Red Border...

viewtopic.php?p=590257#p590257
Earth-704509
MinM

Previous

Return to General Discussion