Orlando / Pulse Mass Shooting Thread

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Hey! How about Orlando Now? (shootings)

Postby 82_28 » Sun Jun 12, 2016 3:39 pm

Kevin at Cryptogon can only go hmmmm.

NYPD shirt!
There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Nordic » Sun Jun 12, 2016 4:02 pm

Gosh once again the FBI was coincidentally in contact with someone who committed a terrorist act.
"He who wounds the ecosphere literally wounds God" -- Philip K. Dick
Nordic

Blog: View Blog (6)

Postby seemslikeadream » Sun Jun 12, 2016 4:14 pm

you got to give them some credit ...they're not letting them learn how to fly planes anymore
Mazars and Deutsche Bank could have ended this nightmare before it started.
They could still get him out of office.
But instead, they want mass death.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Blog: View Blog (83)

Postby 82_28 » Sun Jun 12, 2016 4:51 pm

Is anyone detecting a weird synch with the same week of Muhammed Ali's ceremonies? Probably nothing there. But just came to mind as I watch the coverage of the various politicians, religious leaders and authorities are being trotted out. Could be some sort of cosmic connection though. :jumping:
There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

Postby 82_28 » Sun Jun 12, 2016 5:00 pm

Orlando Killer Was NYPD Fan - This Tells Us What?

Last night some deadbeat loser killed more than 50 people in a gay club in Orlando, Florida. It is the largest shooting massacre in the U.S. since Wounded Knee. According to his ex-wife the man, one Omar Mateen, used to beat her and was not religious.

Earlier Mateen took pictures of himself and posted those on Myspace. The pics are selfies and mostly not remarkable but in TWO of them he wears shirts with New York Police Department emblems on them.

(pictures flipped for better readability)

This tells us what?

The guy was a follower of the NYPD?
He had pledged allegiance to the NYPD?
The NYPD radicalized him and taught him to hate gays?

There is currently a lot of speculation but no evidence that the guy was also a fan of the Islamic State (ISIS) death cult. None of the pictures he posted points into that direction, but it still may be the case.

But what does that really tell us?

Was his emotional relation to ISIS as strong as his emotional relation to the NYPD?

Do such assumed allegiances tell us anything at all?

http://www.moonofalabama.org/2016/06/to ... -what.html
82_28

Postby backtoiam » Sun Jun 12, 2016 5:47 pm

CNN

"this is the new face of terror and we can expect a lot more of it"

"holy month of Ramadan"

"heightened state of alert"

"ISIS terrorists, we must remain vigilant"

"the new face of the war on terror"

blah, blah, blah.......blah...and more blah....fake ass crying from a guy than can't act well enough to muster up any real tears, blah blah blah.....no long line of terrorized witnesses. no reporters talking to dozens of traumatized witnesses. no hospital gurneys coming out with bloody victims, same bullshit, different day. fake witnesses claiming they cannot find their best friends and loved ones. bullshit.....you can find them.

Hollywood is amazing....

If there really are aliens from outer space that are aware of us no wonder they don't want to have anything to do with us. I wouldn't if I was them.
"A mind stretched by a new idea can never return to it's original dimensions." Oliver Wendell Holmes
backtoiam

Postby 82_28 » Sun Jun 12, 2016 5:53 pm

It just occurred to me that kinda sorta something happened or was attempted at Neighbours in Seattle. I was about to look it up but went to the Seattle Times site and they beat me to it:

The management and staff of Neighbours, a Seattle gay nightclub targeted two and a half years ago in an attack with haunting similarities to the mass killings at Pulse Orlando, is expressing its condolences over the tragedy.

Neighbours posted the following message on its Facebook page, along with a meme of five colored hearts, with a broken red heart: “The Management and Staff of Neighbours Seattle send our condolences and love to Pulse Orlando and those affected by the senseless tragedy that happened on Sunday morning there. #PrayForOrlando.”

On the last day of 2014, a man later identified as Musab Mohammed Masmari attempted to set off a crude firebomb in the entrance of the popular Capitol Hill nightclub, which was packed with more than 750 people celebrating the new year. Only the quick actions of employees who smelled smoke averted disaster, according to police and federal prosecutors.

Masmari was a Muslim who had expressed disgust of gays, according to court records.

Most Read Stories
null
Seattle may try San Francisco’s ‘radical hospitality’ for homeless
null
Police: Christina Grimmie killer at show just to attack her
null
Mariners select Trey Griffey, son of Ken Griffey Jr., in round 24 of the MLB draft
Cheryl Strange is the new CEO of Western State Hospital in Lakewood, part of DSHS.
Western State Hospital CEO ordered to jail for keeping dementia patient on waitlist
null
50 slain in gay nightclub, worst mass shooting in US history

Unlimited Digital Access. $1 for 4 weeks.

Omar Mateen — the man suspected of killing 50 patrons and wounding 53 others in the nation’s worst mass shooting early Sunday — pledged allegiance to the radical islamic terrorist group ISIS in a 911 call before the shootings, according to police.

Masmari was arrested a month later apparently trying to flee the country, police said. He pleaded guilty in U.S. District Court in Seattle to a single count of arson.

Masmari, who said he was drunk when the incident occurred and could remember nothing, was sentenced to 10 years in federal prison — twice the amount of time agreed to by prosecutors and defense attorneys.

There was evidence the arson was a hate crime, including statements by confidential informants and other sources, but they were not admissible as evidence and prevented Masmari from being charged under that statute.

According to the charges, a friend of Masmari’s had contacted the FBI in early January to say he was concerned that Masmari “may be planning some terrorist activity,” search-warrant documents filed in King County Superior Court said. The friend, who was not identified by authorities, worked as a confidential informant for the FBI and Seattle police after the fire, the documents say.

The friend also told investigators that Masmari, on a number of occasions, expressed his “distaste for homosexual people” and thought they “should be exterminated,” the documents said.

While not gay or nothing but I loved going to that club. Best music and dancing there was plus I knew all the bartenders (free drinks). Straight clubs fucking sucked.

From a left wing dude to you Muslims and anyone, you're doing it wrong and you're making crazy people hate all of you. The world does not need this shit. I still believe it to be a religion of peace and this does not change a thing in my eyes. It will be hashed out to a degree that the hashing out will become a story unto itself.
82_28

Postby 82_28 » Sun Jun 12, 2016 5:55 pm

Marco Rubio is making a play on Trump it seems like right now in this interview I am watching right now. Good god what a fucked up year.
82_28

Postby nashvillebrook » Sun Jun 12, 2016 6:59 pm

where is everyone getting updates? is there research or in-depth discussion going on anywhere?

i'm in orlando, have watched the wall to wall, have friends doing media, and vigils, and i still feel like i'm missing huge chunks of this story...mostly on the intel side.
nashvillebrook

Postby Nordic » Sun Jun 12, 2016 8:32 pm

"He who wounds the ecosphere literally wounds God" -- Philip K. Dick
Nordic

Blog: View Blog (6)

Postby elfismiles » Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:05 pm

FUCK THIS MOTHER-F A-HOLE!!!

Shit-wad better resign over this shite!

seemslikeadream » 12 Jun 2016 16:42 wrote:A man reaps what he sows

Texas official facing backlash from tweeting Bible verse after Orlando attack
By Rebecca Savransky
The lieutenant governor of Texas is drawing criticism for tweeting a Bible verse hours after an attack at an Orlando, Fla. nightclub catering to the LGBT community left 50 people dead and many more injured.

Dan Patrick tweeted a photo with the words from Galatians 6:7: "Do not be deceived. God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows," on Sunday morning. That tweet was later deleted.
elfismiles

Blog: View Blog (4)

Postby 82_28 » Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:08 pm

nashvillebrook » Sun Jun 12, 2016 2:59 pm wrote:where is everyone getting updates? is there research or in-depth discussion going on anywhere?

i'm in orlando, have watched the wall to wall, have friends doing media, and vigils, and i still feel like i'm missing huge chunks of this story...mostly on the intel side.

Yeah. Dunno what other sites are covering it as you have described other than here right now. Like I said, I was channel surfing before bed and went to the RT channel which I never watch and then monitored how soon the US media would get on it. They broke it first though. BBC was next. Then the big US networks caught on in time. Even when I checked Orlando news sites at that hour they had yet to report it.

Anyway, this blows.
82_28

Postby SonicG » Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:24 pm

Mateen's father seems interesting:

The father of Omar Mateen, identified by police as the man behind the carnage at an Orlando nightclub early Sunday morning, is an Afghan man who holds strong political views, including support for the Afghan Taliban. In a video he posted on Saturday, he appears to be portraying himself as the president of Afghanistan.

Seddique Mateen, who has been referred to as Mir Seddique in early news reports, hosted the “Durand Jirga Show” on a channel called Payam-e-Afghan, which broadcasts from California. In it, the elder Mateen speaks in the Dari language on a variety of political subjects. He doesn't always make much sense. Dozens of videos are posted on a channel under Seddique Mateen's name on YouTube. A phone number and post office box that are displayed on the show were traced back to the Mateen home in Florida. Mateen also owns a nonprofit organization under the name Durand Jirga, which is registered in Port St. Lucie, Fla.

In one video, Mateen expresses gratitude toward the Afghan Taliban, while denouncing the Pakistani government.

"I order national army, national police and intelligence department to immediately imprison Karzai, Ashraf Ghani, Zalmay Khalilzad, Atmar, and Sayyaf. They are against our countrymen, and against our homeland," he says, while dressed in army fatigues.

On Sunday morning, Mateen told NBC News that his son’s rampage “has nothing to do with religion.” Instead, he offered another possible motive. He said his son got angry when he saw two men kissing in Miami a few months ago. He said his son was especially enraged because the kissing took place in front of his own young son.

“We are saying we are apologizing for the whole incident. We weren’t aware of any action he is taking. We are in shock like the whole country,” Mateen said.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wor ... residency/
"a poiminint tidal wave in a notion of dynamite"
SonicG

Postby NaturalMystik » Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:34 pm

^^

I just read that article. I'm thoroughly perplexed... I swear it said that Omar Mateen's father is current the president of Afghanistan. Huh?

http://gawker.com/orlando-shooting-susp ... 1781849968
Do not attempt to adjust the picture. We are controlling the transmission.
NaturalMystik

Postby Wombaticus Rex » Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:45 pm

NaturalMystik » Sun Jun 12, 2016 8:34 pm wrote:^^

I just read that article. I'm thoroughly perplexed... I swear it said that Omar Mateen's father is current the president of Afghanistan. Huh?

http://gawker.com/orlando-shooting-susp ... 1781849968

That's why Gawker is dead.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ashraf_Ghani <== Current president of Afghanistan.
Wombaticus Rex

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion