Coming Soon - War with Iran?

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Coming Soon - War with Iran?

Postby minime » Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:37 pm

seemslikeadream » Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:29 pm wrote:hey the U.S. government does a whole lot of bad things (which I have posted about for 14 years) and so does China and Putin...I can say that but some people think the U.S. government alone is totally responsible for everything nasty

To be clear, I have little interest in defending US foreign policy v. any other country's. Or comparing them in any way.

My criticism of Sounder goes way beyond that.
minime

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby stillrobertpaulsen » Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:18 pm

Sounder » Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:25 pm wrote:China has more class than the US does and that is why they will always play a better long game.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Oh yes darling, that Cultural Revolution - the height of class!

C'mon Sounder, at least use air quotes or green font when using the word class to describe China. They do play a better long game than the imperialist US, I'll grant you that. But the reason why is because they're willing to grind their workforce to the nub for peanuts in return - and, to paraphrase Obi-Wan Kenobi, avoid imperial entanglements.
"Huey Long once said, “Fascism will come to America in the name of anti-fascism.” I'm afraid, based on my own experience, that fascism will come to America in the name of national security."
-Jim Garrison 1967
stillrobertpaulsen

Blog: View Blog (37)

Postby Elvis » Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:02 pm

Sounder wrote:These wars not only kill and destroy, they also cost make a lot of money

A lot.
“The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.” ― Joan Robinson
Elvis

Postby Grizzly » Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:24 am

wtf?!?!
https://www.reddit.com/r/conspiracy/com ... the_state/
When the conversation turns to Israel the State Department's Heather Nauert asserts "I have nothing on that so I'll have to get back to you on that. Let's move on. I'm going to be very careful with the words. Our position hasn't changed but I'm not saying what our position is. I'm not going there." (liveleak.com)

https://archive.is/2020/https://www.liv ... 1515053307
“The more we do to you, the less you seem to believe we are doing it.”

― Joseph mengele
Grizzly

Postby Grizzly » Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:28 am

Am I shadow banned? having to login in over and over and have never had this particular posting problem, ever.
“The more we do to you, the less you seem to believe we are doing it.”

― Joseph mengele
Grizzly

Postby Elvis » Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:47 am

Check with the shadow mods.

:coolshades :eeyaa
“The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.” ― Joan Robinson
Elvis

Postby Jerky » Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:11 am

It's astonishing, the level of hubristic certainty that so often walks hand in hand with historical ignorance.

One is tempted to look to monsieurs Dunning and Kruger for an explanation, but their "effect" isn't a precise enough fit in this case, and is fast becoming a cliche anyway, thus probably best avoided.

Where psychiatry fails, perhaps poetry will succeed. It was Yeats who told us that, in times like these (ie the end times), "the best lack all conviction while the worst are full of passionate intensity."

Thank the non-existent Lord in His Heaven that nobody who participates on this board (yours truly included) is in a position to inflict their ignorance upon anyone but the participants and lurkers here in our insular little playground of the mind.

Most sincerely;
Jerky

Sounder » 04 Jan 2018 13:37 wrote:Yes war is old however we do not see China, Russia, Iran, creating client states through regime change and fake expressions of humanitarian concern like the western powers do. They seem able to work for their economic aims through much less violent deal making.
Jerky

Postby Sounder » Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:38 am

stillrobertpaulson wrote...
C'mon Sounder, at least use air quotes or green font when using the word class to describe China. They do play a better long game than the imperialist US, I'll grant you that. But the reason why is because they're willing to grind their workforce to the nub for peanuts in return - and, to paraphrase Obi-Wan Kenobi, avoid imperial entanglements.

You rightly point out that Communism is a system that enslaves the proletariat (while it claimed to be bringing freedom). The word peanuts shows the facile nature of communism in that money changes hand to get things done, little money for little people and big money for big people, Capitalism just like everywhere else.

I consider that Communism is another layer of lying designed to further justify the rights of an expert class to define and socially engineer the broad masses toward compliant acceptance. Huh, maybe that's why Marxism does so well on campus, have at it Jerky.

Still as to the class issue, we do not hear Chinese diplomats saying very undiplomatic things like Nuland and Haley do and did. The Chinese are building infrastructure with the silk-road and other trade-bloc building, while we destroy infrastructure to enrich the killing machine, and in hopes that American corps. can pick up rebuilding scraps.

So yes, while I do not care for the ideology that underpins China, in the 'class wars' they beat the US hands down.

Yes Griz, this happens to me quite often. More often if I am trying to post a whole article. Maybe there is a decoder key that enables others to cut and paste (infinite volumes of) material that I am ignorant about.
All these things will continue as long as coercion remains a central element of our mentality.
Sounder

Postby minime » Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:05 pm

I used to think if anyone was going to get out of here, it would be Sounder. Now it's looking mighty grim.

From the two comes the three. And so on.
minime

Postby seemslikeadream » Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:10 pm

I like Sounder and I hope he keeps posting ....we don't agree on stuff but that's ok....it's what this place is supposed to be about disagreement with respect...he has the courage of his convictions and doesn't resort to vicious personal insults or giving up ...grabbing up his toys and starting his own website because some people here disagree with him

everyone here deserves respect for their opinion
Mazars and Deutsche Bank could have ended this nightmare before it started.
They could still get him out of office.
But instead, they want mass death.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Blog: View Blog (83)

Postby minime » Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:41 pm

seemslikeadream » Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:10 am wrote:I like Sounder and I hope he keeps posting ....we don't agree on stuff but that's ok....it's what this place is supposed to be about disagreement with respect...he has the courage of his convictions and doesn't resort to vicious personal insults or giving up ...grabbing up his toys and starting his own website because some people here disagree with him

everyone here deserves respect for their opinion

It's my opinion: Sounder's not likely to make it.

So, you respect it, right?
minime

Postby seemslikeadream » Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:42 pm

sure do but after all these years my opinion knowing him for all these years is that he is not going anywhere ..he's got guts and is not afraid of a good adult fight

I see nothing new that would make him leave here
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby minime » Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:49 pm

seemslikeadream » Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:42 am wrote:sure do but after all these years my opinion knowing him for all these years is that he is not going anywhere ..he's got guts and is not afraid of a good adult fight

a good adult fight... Is that what's going on here at RI?

slad, you've said more than you know, I think.

We're in agreement then.

He's not going anywhere.
minime

Postby Elvis » Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:53 pm

Ladies, gentlemen — you can't fight in the War thread!
Elvis

Postby seemslikeadream » Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:57 pm

minime » Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:49 am wrote:[quote="seemslikeadream » Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:42 am"

a good adult fight... Is that what's going on here at RI?

no :P

but adults stick around....children call people bad names pick up their toys and leave

or some people just don't feel like posting here anymore and leave without throwing a tantrum...
Last edited by seemslikeadream on Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion