Coronavirus Crisis: Main Thread

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Coronavirus Crisis: Main Thread

Postby Belligerent Savant » Sat Feb 01, 2020 1:14 am

Breadcrumbs.

Since the S protein of 2019-nCoV shares closest ancestry with SARS GZ02, the sequence coding for spike proteins of these two viruses were compared using MultiAlin software. We found four new insertions in the protein of 2019-nCoV- “GTNGTKR” (IS1), “HKNNKS” (IS2), “GDSSSG” (IS3) and “QTNSPRRA” (IS4) (Figure 2). To our surprise, these sequence insertions were not only absent in S protein of SARS but were also not observed in any other member of the Coronaviridae family (Supplementary figure). This is startling as it is quite unlikely for a virus to have acquired such unique insertions naturally in a short duration of time.

The insertions were observed to be present in all the genomic sequences of 2019-nCoV virus available from the recent clinical isolates. To know the source of these insertions in 2019-nCoV a local alignment was done with BLASTp using these insertions as query with all virus genome. Unexpectedly, all the insertions got aligned with Human immunodeficiency Virus-1 (HIV-1). Further analysis revealed that aligned sequences of HIV-1 with 2019-nCoV were derived from surface glycoprotein gp120 (amino acid sequence positions: 404-409, 462-467, 136-150) and from Gag protein (366-384 amino acid) (Table 1). Gag protein of HIV is involved in host membrane binding, packaging of the virus and for the formation of virus-like particles. Gp120 plays crucial role in recognizing the host cell by binding to the primary receptor CD4.This binding induces structural rearrangements in GP120, creating a high affinity binding site for a chemokine co-receptor like CXCR4 and/or CCR5.

https://www.biorxiv.org/content/10.1101 ... 0.927871v1

A coronavirus that originated in Wuhan, China, has killed 18 people and infected more than 630.

The virus has been reported in at least eight other countries, including the US, where a man in Washington who recently visited China was confirmed to have the illness.

A scientist at Johns Hopkins last year modelled what would happen if a deadly coronavirus reached a pandemic scale. His simulated scenario predicted that 65 million people could die within 18 months.

https://www.businessinsider.com/scienti ... ths-2020-1
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Belligerent Savant

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Manufactured 'Contagion' - Coronavirus Edition

Postby RocketMan » Sat Feb 01, 2020 6:51 am

Wait... what the actual fuck:

http://english.www.gov.cn/state_council ... 535134.htm

China’s first biosafety level 4 lab put into operation

BEIJING — China has opened its first biosafety level four laboratory, capable of conducting experiments with highly pathogenic microorganisms, according to the national health authority on Jan 4.

Wuhan national biosafety level four lab of the Chinese Academy of Sciences (Wuhan P4 lab) is part of Sino-French cooperation in prevention and control of emerging infectious diseases, said the Department of Health Science, Technology and Education with the National Health and Family Planning Commission.

Level four is the highest biosafety level, used for diagnostic work and research on easily transmitted pathogens which can cause fatal disease, including Ebola virus.

The Wuhan P4 lab will conduct research in anti-virus drugs and vaccines.
-I don't like hoodlums.
-That's just a word, Marlowe. We have that kind of world. Two wars gave it to us and we are going to keep it.
RocketMan

Postby DrEvil » Sat Feb 01, 2020 4:21 pm

The rate of spread outside vs. inside China depends entirely on how upfront the Chinese are about things. Their track record in that regard isn't very good.
"I only read American. I want my fantasy pure." - Dave
DrEvil

Postby Wombaticus Rex » Sat Feb 01, 2020 7:13 pm

Shit is going to be insane from this weekend forward. Most of the stories coming out over the next two days will be events that happened last week -- this pandemic is already global and already out of control. It's been both amazing and depressing to watch DC and NGOs try to respond behind the scenes: they're far more concerned with playing politics and how to phrase press releases than they are in engaging with the data and trying to formulate a policy response. Its pathetic, but it's also what humanity deserves.

China is, of course, lying about their pandemic just like they've been lying about their economy. However, the EU is also going to be working overtime to coverup the extent of their problems, because of the incentives landscape, better to squeeze out another few weeks of "business as usual," full-steam economic activity before circumstances finally force them to take serious measures. (Too late.)

Brazil is what I'm watching next week, their population is on social media heavy and their government doesn't seem to have the tech suite or the response time to squelch online comms like other states do, so we could get a more realistic glimpse of the speed and the impact.

They're hardly the biggest potential problem area, though. That'd be cities like Mumbai and Lagos, with high-density populations and piss-poor sanitation. There have only been two solid Lancet reports so far, and all of the percentages, facts and figures we're seeing in the media are reporters cribbing from those reports, which are based on a sample of less than 200 patients. The known unknowns here are sweeping.

Ironically enough, having a cable-news junkie germaphobe in the White House, whose administration squints towards Iron Fist fascism and Evangelical martial law, might prove to be a boon for the United States of America. Trump certainly doesn't give a fuck if his quarantines or travel bans are perceived as racist; and draconian, sweeping measures are certainly required. Past due, really.

They also won't be enough.

The big story here isn't ultimately the nCoV Pandemic, though. It's the fact that despite all of the globalist pretensions of a meritocratic, technocratic one world government, none of these poodles were remotely prepared to deal with a serious problem like this. They have no real interest in protecting their populations; no real interest in wielding the power they've attained to rise to the challenges of the responsibilities they've inherited, either.

The death tolls will likely be unprecedented and spectacular but the real impact on most human beings will come from the economic and logistic disruptions -- food shortages, job losses, whole communities and even cities essentially abandoned.

The bioweapon speculation is entirely speculative at this point and it would be naive to assume Russia is above the kind of active measures they've deployed in the past, especially with an international network established to do just that. The best policy on that front is "wait and see," especially because the causes matter far less than the effects, at this late point in the game.

It can't be contained from here, only endured. Stay healthy, stay safe, and do what you love.
Wombaticus Rex

Postby Grizzly » Sun Feb 02, 2020 1:17 am

Whitney Webb, acclaimed MintPress News journalist based in Chile, posted this story on several sites about US military man-made sources of recent viral outbreaks.

https://www.thelastamericanvagabond.com/top-news/bats-gene-editing-bioweapons-recent-darpa-experiments-raise-concerns-amid-coronavirus-outbreak/
Whitney Webb report: Bats, Gene Editing and Bioweapons: Recent DARPA Experiments Raise Concerns Amid Coronavirus Outbreak

For instance, the first outlet to report on this claim was Radio Free Asia, the U.S.-government funded media outlet targeting Asian audiences that used to be run covertly by the CIA and named by the New York Times as a key part in the agency’s “worldwide propaganda network.” Though it is no longer run directly by the CIA, it is now managed by the government-funded Broadcasting Board of Governors (BBG), which answers directly to Secretary of State Mike Pompeo, who was CIA director immediately prior to his current post at the head of the State Department.

In other words, Radio Free Asia and other BBG-managed media outlets are legal outlets for U.S. government propaganda. Notably, the long-standing ban on the domestic use of U.S. government propaganda on U.S. citizens was lifted in 2013, with the official justification of allowing the government to “effectively communicate in a credible way” and to better combat “al-Qaeda’s and other violent extremists’ influence.”

Lots of info and many, many embed links

There's this too ..
"Alleged leader of Al-Qaida terrorist group was arrested in Phoenix Arizona yesterday
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2020/01/31/al-qaida-leader-ali-yousif-ahmed-al-nouri-arrested-phoenix/4628585002/

Also see, https://www.statnews.com/2020/01/24/dna-sleuths-read-coronavirus-genome-tracing-origins-and-mutations/ Here's a STAT article on the sequencing to give you an idea of the speed at which they are moving these days.

Rex wrote...
Its pathetic, but it's also what humanity deserves.

Really???
“The more we do to you, the less you seem to believe we are doing it.”

― Joseph mengele
Grizzly

Postby elfismiles » Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:03 am

Grizzly » 02 Feb 2020 05:17 wrote:Whitney Webb, acclaimed MintPress News journalist based in Chile, posted this story on several sites about US military man-made sources of recent viral outbreaks.

PAINT IT MINT
By Daniel Hopsicker - January 9, 2020
https://www.madcowprod.com/2020/01/09/paint-it-mint/

PAINT IT MINT AGAIN
By Daniel Hopsicker - January 14, 2020
https://www.madcowprod.com/2020/01/14/p ... int-again/
elfismiles

Blog: View Blog (4)

Postby Belligerent Savant » Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:23 am

Well, well, well... if it isn't our 'ol pal American Dream, right there in the comments section of the links Elfis provided. In all his glory. This is not directly related to the OP, but am compelled to include here. Looks to be a good venue for AD, peddling the Russian-influence narrative. He's certainly consistent.

Mint Press News may well be compromised. It certainly wouldn't be an anomalous event if so. Dis/misinfo abounds... even in the comments section of 'mad cow productions'.

Adama Gert
January 15, 2020 at 6:35 am
Thanks for not doubling down on a bad lead… But who gave you that lead? Was it George “Webb” Swiegert? Beware of that dude…. Sure he’s great at producing “metadata,” but watch out for the narrative. Also, like Perry Mason, he has a penchant for winding up in the general vicinity of dead bodies.

As for Mint Press, if their funding is a mystery, then questions will inevitably arise… Transparency is always a good policy… But if Iran is backing them, I really don’t care. Iran deserves to be heard, do they not?

Daniel Hopsicker
January 15, 2020 at 9:27 am
its not iran. its the….CIA?

American Dream
January 15, 2020 at 9:51 am
Isn’t it more possible that they represent some kind of Russian-aligned interest? Sure, Trump is in the White House but he hasn’t fully brought on board his intel people, as should be readily apparent. Who after all, is most promoting the anti-Imperialism of Fools (knee jerk pro-Assad, Putin propaganda)? Is it not the Duginist syncretic information warfare networks?

Alexander Reid Ross, Kate Starbird, Bob from Brockley all have useful information!

Jack Nimble
January 16, 2020 at 1:23 am
Dear Daniel, thanks for fessing up on your inaccurate assessment of Whitney Webb. I wonder if you actually read her work or listened to her interviews. Her insight is prolific. You too are a great author. Please keep doing what you do best.

American Dream
January 16, 2020 at 7:41 am
Hmm, the jury’s not in on Whitney Webb for me. Certainly a history with Global Research, the Ron Paul Institute and 21st Century Wire does not inspire confidence. Anton Shekhovtsov in particular has done great work in laying out years of compromised activity by these entities on behalf of Russian-linked information warfare networks.

American Dream
January 16, 2020 at 6:44 pm
The most comprehensive guide to the web of relations comes though from the researcher known as “Vagabond”:

An Investigation Into Red-Brown Alliances: Third Positionism, Russia, Ukraine, Syria, And The Western Left

https://ravingsofaradicalvagabond.noblo ... alliances/

Paul Hart
January 17, 2020 at 3:00 pm
Good to see you team up with George Webb. Don’t always agree with his conclusions, but he is a really good researcher who goes to the trials, gets the documents, and interviews parties of interest. Like you have done, he has gone to sources. Both of you are doing great work. Whitney Webb is more of an internet researcher, she is not on the ground in the U.S.

https://www.madcowprod.com/2020/01/14/p ... int-again/
Belligerent Savant

Postby Elvis » Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:37 pm

Daniel Hopsicker
January 15, 2020 at 9:27 am
its not iran. its the….CIA?

American Dream
January 15, 2020 at 9:51 am
Isn’t it more possible that they represent some kind of Russian-aligned interest?

:rofl2

I'm now 50/50 on whether he's paid to do that.

:backtotopic:
“The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.” ― Joan Robinson
Elvis

Postby Grizzly » Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:30 pm

Image[/url]

Is it safe to assume that "Granny Slad"*, is of the same ilk?

Have they both been banned or asked to stop? Possibly by Jeff?

*Rex chided me one day for asking, by repliying she's just a granny; and since I haven't done facetime with any of you fine carbon based life forms, how the fuck would I have known that.. Hell, you could ALL be Canadian AI bots for all I know..

cAVIAT : That is in no way meant to be racist or a hit toward Dr. King. I would have followed him. It just caught me as funny.

Now, BTT.. :backtotopic:

btw, thanks, elfismiles! I've Been a long time Daniel Hopsicker, reader I trust him.

Not a BIG fan of Vice, but thought sombunal, would find this interesting...
https://www.reddit.com/r/DataHoarder/comments/exdka0/the_coronavirus_papers_unlocked_5352_scientific/
The Coronavirus Papers unlocked: 5,352 scientific articles covering the coronavirus - fully searchable and free.

W3ll, you know, except the ones omitted.

― Joseph mengele
Grizzly

Postby Belligerent Savant » Wed Feb 05, 2020 11:53 pm

Caveat Lector.

The Lies We Are Being Told About The Coronavirus

Lies are a powerful form of magic; they can mislead large groups of people into making terrible errors, as well as cause them to be blind to the obvious. Lies make people hurt themselves while thinking they are helping themselves. It is a truly dark and horrific act of sorcery.

As the world stands at the edge of a global pandemic event, the people who are immune to the effects of lies have an opportunity to take action should the virus continue to expand beyond the borders of China. We have a small window of time, perhaps a couple of months, in which we can prepare ourselves for the fallout and ensure we are as protected as we can be. This means taking precautions to prevent viral transmission, increasing the strength of our own immune systems, prepping for the loss of supply lines and freight shipments to retailers, organizing family, friends and neighbors for mutual aid and security, as well as preparing for the inevitable government attempts at martial law.

Of course, a person cannot or will not take any of these measures as long as they believe that the virus is not a threat, or they think that the pandemic will have little effect on their daily lives. I have recently seen a discomforting level of propaganda and disinformation agents invading the media and discussion boards related to this issue. Whenever I see such an intense disinformation campaign surrounding an event, this tells me a couple of things:

1) If they are trying to overtly downplay the seriousness of the event while lying about the facts involved, it tells me that the event is a legitimate threat and it will probably get worse as time passes.

2) If they all push the same false narrative and talking points it tells me that this is an organized effort paid for by a larger party with extensive resources.

If the narrative glosses over or hides recently revealed evidence by claiming that the event is “all hype”, then it is designed to create inaction in the public – It is designed to make us apathetic, which means there is a concerted conspiracy to harm us. It is not just an attempt to hide the guilt of the people involved in creating the crisis.

So what are some of the most insidious lies being spread right now on the virus threat? Lets go through a quick list of those I've identified so far:

Lie #1: Deaths Caused By The Coronavirus Are Nothing Compared To The Death Rate Of The Average Flu...

This lie seems to be the most common being used to plant seeds of apathy in the public consciousness right now. I have even heard people on the street regurgitate it verbatim as they try to convince themselves that all is well. But even using official numbers, which are likely false and greatly reduced, the argument is simply wrong on every level.

There is a big difference between “number of deaths” and the actual “death rate” of a virus. The flu infects tens of millions of people annually around the world with deaths in the US numbering usually under 10,000. In the US in the 2019-2020 season so far, the flu infected over 9 million people resulting in 4800 deaths; meaning the death rate of the flu is minor compared to the number of sick. Flu deaths are usually collated over the course of a year, yet people are already trying to compare death rates to the coronavirus, which has only been active for a few weeks.

Keep in mind also that the CDC has been called out for greatly inflating influenza death rates in order to push vaccine propaganda. They consistently attach flu death numbers with pneumonia deaths; which I would point is is the exact OPPOSITE of what the Chinese are doing with the coronavirus numbers.

The coronavirus has been active for about a month in China, it has a hibernation of around two weeks, and, China has been lying extensively about the number of deaths associated with the disease by labeling most deaths due to pneumonia. We truly have no idea what the potential death rate of this illness is. What we do know is that it behaves much like SARS, which had a death rate of around 11%. According to official numbers the coronavirus transmits faster and has already killed more people in a few weeks than SARS did in over a year.

The notion that the virus only kills the elderly is also incorrect. The two deaths now confirmed outside of China were both men in their 30's and 40's.

When considering the issue of viral death rate, we have to take into account the capacity of local medical facilities in handling patient load. If hospitals are only handling a few cases at a time, then the patients will get better overall treatment and less deaths will occur. But, if hospitals are overwhelmed with thousands of cases at a time, as is happening in China, then treatment quality will go down and many more people will die. A minimal death rate outside of China today does not mean a minimal death rate tomorrow should the virus spread beyond hospital capacity.

With the flu, people can usually treat themselves with ease at home; the coronavirus is obviously much more dangerous. No country in modern times has EVER quarantined over 50 million people in 16 cities because of the average flu. The comparison between the coronavirus and the flu is patently ridiculous. There is no comparison. The coronavirus is on another level entirely.

Lie #2: The Coronavirus Came From An Animal Market And The Claim It Is Engineered Is A “Conspiracy Theory”...

The phrase “conspiracy theory” is usually exploited as a way to dismiss facts and evidence without consideration on the basis that the official story is the only story that has any validity. In other words, the official story requires no justification because the authorities are infallible and always have our best interests at heart.

The problem is, governments and the mainstream media have been caught lying over and over again about issues far less important than a global pandemic, so I'm not sure why we should trust ANYTHING they say ever. There is considerable evidence that China has been lying incessantly about the number of sick and dead due to the coronavirus, including leaked accounts from medics and other people at ground zero in Wuhan. These people are now being silenced by the Chinese government. In fact, the Chinese government was suppressing coverage and information on the coronavirus from the very beginning of the contagion, which helped allow it to spread unchecked.

Now, social media companies are taking action to remove people who try to document the facts of the virus and its potential source in the name of "stopping fake news". Anyone who questions the official narrative is not only a "conspiracy theorist" but also a "danger" to the public. This narrative is supported by US government officials:

"These lies can cause immediate and tangible harm to people, and the platforms must act to stop them from spreading," House Energy and Commerce Committee Chairman Frank Pallone Jr. (D-N.J.) said in a statement to The Hill. "It’s critical that Americans receive verified, trustworthy information about the coronavirus and heed the advice of our country’s public health officials as we learn more about its potential impact here at home..."

The facts are the facts, and if the facts suggest a conspiracy, then so be it. Only 20 miles away from the market in question stands the LARGEST Level 4 Biohazard Lab in Asia, which studies directly into the world's deadliest pathogens including SARS and coronavirus. In 2017, experts warned that a virus could escape the labs in Wuhan because of lax containment standards. To put this in perspective, it would be like an Ebola outbreak striking the city of Atlanta and then blamed on a food market only 20 miles from the CDC. It looks suspicious...

Last year, Chinese researchers were dismissed from a Level 4 lab in Winnipeg, Canada without public explanation, but the same lab was exposed last year for sharing deadly virus samples with China, including Ebola and henipavirus. One of the Chinese researchers work focus was the SARS virus. Media and government attention in Canada at the time of the scandal was on concerns that the lab in Winnipeg was supplying viral samples that would be used in China's biowarfare programs.

According to a paper published by virologists in India, the coronavirus genetic code also contains proteins that are exactly like those found in HIV. Interestingly, coronavirus patients have been shown to respond positively to drugs that are meant to treat HIV and AIDS carriers. Through official pressure the paper has now been retracted and the authors have said they will “revise it". But, the whole point of peer review is for the data to be examined by others in the field and then proven or disproven. If the data can be reproduced, then it needs to be taken seriously.

This is not what the CDC and other official institutions on disease study want. They seem intent on dismissing any information outright that suggests the coronavirus might have been made in a lab rather than in nature.

If true, the chances of coronavirus containing protein combinations identical to HIV in nature are astronomical, meaning, the virus was engineered. If the virus is proven to be engineered, then this makes future narratives and propaganda harder to implement. For example, it will be much harder to blame the pandemic on "global warming" if the virus was created by a bunch of guys in lab coats rather than in nature.

To repeat the facts, Wuhan is a hub for China's largest biohazard labs and these labs are suspected by biological warfare experts of being involved in bioweapons testing. Until there is more independent examination of the virus (the original strain before mutation), no one knows for certain what the source is.

The mainstream media has been very aggressive in denying any links to bioweaponry, claiming that there “is no evidence” linking Wuhan's labs to the virus; yet, there is FAR MORE evidence of the involvement of the biohazard labs than there is evidence proving that the virus originated an animal market. They have simply decided that the animal market story is the tale they prefer, and so it has become the official story.

Lie #3: The Virus Won't Have Any Effect On America

The general thrust of the mainstream view of the coronavirus has been to assert that the US will not be affected and that concerns are "overblown". The UN's World Health Organization continues to refuse to take the event very seriously, and even Larry Kudlow, Trump's Director of the National Economic Council, claims the damage to the US economy will be 'minimal'.

Now, firstly I have to say I would take the economic analysis of a long time cocaine addict with a grain of salt. This is the same guy who was wildly incorrect in all his calls on the housing bubble in 2005-2006, and yet he is now advising the White House on financial crisis events? But lets set the incompetence of Kudlow aside for a moment and consider that perhaps he is just reading from a script prepared for him by others. Certainly, there are a lot of people out there that would like to keep the public ignorant of the depth of the situation, and they will give all sorts of half-assed rationales as to why they lie.

For the Chinese authorities, the pandemic is an undeniable fact of life, but they will say their economy and global image required the truth to be “tempered” to prevent civil unrest and to stop investors pulling from their money out of Chinese markets en masse.

For US authorities who waited far too long to start shutting down flights from China carrying multiple infected, the claim will be that they had to lie to prevent general panic and market panic.

For the UN's World Health Organization that lied about China “containment” and actually downplayed the danger of travel to China for a time while the virus was raging and human-to-human transmission was confirmed, I see no excuse really. Their behavior, and the behavior of the US and Chinese governments makes me suspect that they WANT the pandemic to spread.

As I write this the 11th confirmed case of coronavirus has been identified in the US with many more suspected cases still under observation. Obviously, the virus is here already, but the issue of how much it will affect Americans is being diminished or buried in an endless stream of propaganda.

Given enough time, a viral outbreak that spreads as fast as the coronavirus with a death rate of 5% or more is going to cause negative effects in every facet of the US economy. But in our current window of the progression of the pandemic, I think it's important to point out that even if the death rate is low in the US, there is no escaping the economic consequences attached to this event.

The US economy is interdependent with multiple nations, and is tightly connected to China. The greatest danger of globalism in terms of economics is that it forces national economies into losing the redundancies that protect them from systemic collapse. When one major economy goes down, it brings down all other economies with it.

Not only that, but the US financial structure is precariously unstable anyway, with record levels of national debt, consumer debt and corporate debt, not to mention steep declines in manufacturing and demand. The US sits atop one of the most massive economic bubbles of all time – The Everything Bubble, created by the Federal Reserve over ten years of stimulus measures, barely keeping the system alive in a state of zombification.

The bubble was always going to collapse. In fact, recent events in Fed repo markets suggest it was already collapsing. The coronavirus outbreak is a perfect cover event for this implosion. To understand why a collapse event might be preferred by a certain minority of people within the elitist establishment, read my last article 'How Viral Pandemic Benefits The Globalist Agenda'.

As I have argued for the past couple of years, all that is needed to bring down the US economy is one major trigger event. The idea that a global pandemic would not damage the American system already teetering on the edge of the abyss is simply absurd. This event has the capacity to cause crisis around the world, not just in China.

Lie #4: The Virus Is Contained

You are going to hear this lie often in the next month or two. I've heard it several times already from Chinese and US authorities in the past few weeks, and clearly their definition of the word "contained" must be different from mine.

China's official sickness count and death toll rises exponentially by the day, and this is not accounting for the number of sick and dead they are hiding. Over 50 million people are now in forced quarantine and martial law measures have been implemented. Hong Kong's hopes of containment have been dashed and officials now expect the outbreak to grow worse in the region.

Japan just announced that a man carrying the virus boarded a cruise liner and then departed, infecting at least ten people in the process and forcing the ship into quarantine for the next two weeks.

A woman in Santa Clara, California carrying the virus came back from China and had been in the US for around 10 DAYS before the illness was identified. Meaning, every single person she came in contact with in that time is now a potential carrier, and for the next two weeks they won't know they are contagious. These are just a few examples of why it is foolish to write off this situation as "contained"; you cannot contain what you cannot identify.

The disinformation campaign seems designed to hide the true source of the virus, but also to keep the masses lethargic and inactive. We are meant to sit and wait while the virus and the potential economic catastrophe runs us over. Do not fall for the con; prepare accordingly, and never accept what lying governments and mainstream media outlets tell you as the whole truth. It is better to take precautions you might not need than to be found very stupid and desperate down the road because the "experts" told you it was all hype.

http://www.alt-market.com/index.php/art ... oronavirus
Belligerent Savant

Postby Wombaticus Rex » Thu Feb 06, 2020 4:14 pm

The globalization supply chain is already grinding to a halt; it's kind of amazing to watch the disconnect every day.

Bear in mind, in a media environment where both the journalists and the audience get bored in 48 hours, we're not even going to see the full extent of this until March/April. Gonna be no shortage of dumbass headlines, no shortage of government lies and denials, and no shortage of the usual conspiratainment actors rushing into the breach to fill the void and flog their podcasts.

This is the best mankind could do, yes.

As for Hopsicker's pot shots at Whitney Webb, they're both equally suspect, but Hopsicker is an obvious cop / plant. He's not a total bullshit artist, he's more of a Miles Mathis / Barbara Honegger character, patrolling a specific beat to distract from the role of specific perps. As for Webb, the amount that she's been able to get away with publishing always made it obvious she's got sponsors and support as well. Parsing out the gold from the turds is what makes this such an exhausting, meaningless hobby.
Wombaticus Rex

Postby Grizzly » Sat Feb 08, 2020 3:16 am

Push it to 5:20 timestamp

Event 201 Pandemic Exercise: Segment 4, Communications Discussion and Epilogue Video
Event 201 is a pandemic tabletop exercise hosted by The Johns Hopkins Center for Health Security in partnership with the World Economic Forum and the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation on October 18, 2019, in New York, NY. The exercise illustrated the pandemic preparedness efforts needed to diminish the large-scale economic and societal consequences of a severe pandemic.

Drawing from actual events, Event 201 identifies important policy issues and preparedness challenges that could be solved with sufficient political will and attention. These issues were designed in a narrative to engage and educate the participants and the audience.

For more information, visit: hxxp://www.centerforhealthsecurity.org

During the beginning presentation of Event 201, Dr. Michawl Ryan, Executive Director WHO, briefed the counsel these words.

"The scenario you will be presented with this morning could easily become one (cleared throat) shared reality one day. I fully expect that we will be confronted by a fast moving highly lethal pandemic of risk group two pathogen."

You can witness this for yourself @ 9:58 in the video below.

hxxps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vm1-DnxRiPM

You should also know.

These are the individuals who attended the exercise and participated in the counsel:

Tom Inglesby - Tom Hopkins Center Health Security

Dr. Latoya Abbott - Marriot International (Risk Management/Global Senior Director Occupational)

Sofia Borges - UN Foundation Senior Vice President

Brad Connett - Henry Schein, Inc. (President) U.S. Medical Group (A Fortune 500® Company and a member of the S&P 500® and the Nasdaq 100® indexes)

Liz Clyma - Bill and Linda Gates Foundation

Tim Evans - Lead World Bank (Senior Director, Health, Nutrition & Population)

Avril Haines - Former Deputy National Security Adviser (CIA's first female Deputy Director under President Obama)

Jane Halton - ANZ Bank Group / Former Secretary Department of Health - Finance in Australia (Former World Health Organization)

Matthew Harringtorn - Edelman (Global President & COO)

Eduardo Martinez - UPS Foundation President (Chief Diversity & Inclusion Officer)

Dr. Stephen Redd - US CDC - Deputy Director for Public Health Service and Implementation Science

George Gao - China CDC

Adrian Thomas - Johnson & Johnson (Vice President Johnson & Johnson Global Public Health)

NBC Universal Media

Navin Thevar - Monetary Authority of Singapore

Ryan Morhard - Lead Global Health Security Group (World Economic Forum)

hxxps://www.weforum.org/agenda/authors/ryan-morhard/

Within the same video video it is also stated @ 2:49 "We created a Pandemic (exercise) that could realistically occur."
If you do not know. Event 201 was an exercise that gathered very interesting individuals and businesses together to table-top a world pandemic on a virus. This exercise was held on October 18, 2019.
hxxp://www.centerforhealthsecurity.org/event201/

You can watch the videos here:

hxxp://www.centerforhealthsecurity.org/ ... ideos.html

I can't help but think this is a dry run, but the Götterdämmerung is on it's way. This has all been planned, this is how they lock-down the internet...As well as anything else they need to end game on.
Last edited by Grizzly on Sat Feb 08, 2020 5:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

― Joseph mengele
Grizzly

Postby Grizzly » Sat Feb 08, 2020 4:59 am

White House Asks Scientists To Investigate Whether 2019-nCoV Was Bio-Engineered

https://www.zerohedge.com/health/white-house-asks-scientists-investigate-whether-2019-ncov-was-bio-engineered

― Joseph mengele
Grizzly

Postby mentalgongfu2 » Sat Feb 08, 2020 10:28 am

Factories in China always shut down for the lunar new year. Workers travel home to see family, some find local jobs and never come back. It kind of makes sense an outbreak would happen then, if it originated in Wuhan and was then passed as Wuhan workers moved home for the new year celebration. Factories are now shut down by government order until Feb. 12, last I heard. That's just a slight extension on the usual CNY shutdown. But if this continues past that date, global supply chains will feel some serious pain.
"When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media in order to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink!"
mentalgongfu2

Postby Wombaticus Rex » Sat Feb 08, 2020 2:46 pm

mentalgongfu2 wrote:Factories in China always shut down for the lunar new year. Workers travel home to see family, some find local jobs and never come back. It kind of makes sense an outbreak would happen then

It was already happening in December, and CPC opted to treat it exactly like SARS because if there's one thing bureaucracy doesn't do, it's learn. The Lunar New Year was what seeded the entire country and must of Asia, besides.

Also, note that a number of factories in China *do not* shut down at any point because of the nature of their contracts, which is why FoxConn is opening assembly lines to mass-produce n95 masks.

Factories are now shut down by government order until Feb. 12, last I heard. That's just a slight extension on the usual CNY shutdown. But if this continues past that date, global supply chains will feel some serious pain.

This is what I mean about media operating on a delay. The "slight extension" you're talking has already been extended through the middle of March and there are currently more Chinese citizen living under martial law lockdown than exist in the entire United States of America.

Further, global supply chains are already in acute pain and scrambling to re-orient for a 2020 that doesn't rely on shipment from China. SARS is a poor baseline to assess nCoV against because China was a much smaller slice of the globalization pie back then; most industrial chains are totally dependent upon Chinese output now - and not just in China, either, their role in African minerals and commodities has also grown immensely.

And that's not even getting into the gnarled issue of corporate ownership and "Emerging Market" weighted ETFs that have wrapped every mom, pop and union pension fund up in Chinese outcomes.

I really cannot over-emphasize the extent of the gap between top-level discussions and media coverage. Almost every headline since the 26th of January has been about a week old when it "breaks."

Which makes sense: this is one of the only things world leaders and corporate media can do successfully. Managing narratives and optimizing for public relations is their core competence, not governance, not agile responses to complex, changing problems.

And to their credit, there's not a lot they could have done. The most dangerous aspect of nCoV is how contagious it is, and there isn't a single continent on Earth that didn't have cases seeded before February even rolled around. Even if they had responded like adults with responsibilities, it would have been insufficient to contain this.

But don't think for a second anyone will seriously try, outside of a few notable exceptions with both the means and willpower. They're going to let the fire burn until it burns out.
Wombaticus Rex

Next

Return to General Discussion