Nashville Xmas Bombing 2020

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Nashville Xmas Bombing 2020

Postby mentalgongfu2 » Mon Dec 28, 2020 4:26 am

Not sure why there isn't a thread on this yet 3 days after the fact, but there probably should be.

Posing a few questions, and text from a CNN article below just to establish a baseline for the historical record of the official narrative at this point.

The things that stand out to me as "huh?" moments --
1) The quick identification of the suspect, which according to initial reports, was in part due to a Google Maps photo showing a similar RV in his driveway a year ago.
2) The automated message coming from the RV ahead of the bombing, warning people that a bomb was going to go off, complete with a countdown timer.
3) That it is being alleged as a suicide bombing, with remains at the scene supposedly belonging to the bomber, but so far absent of any manifesto or other statement from the alleged bomber for WHY they would be sacrificing their own life in the attack. No cause, no stated motive or any other explanation from the alleged perp. As close as we get so far are claims from the FBI that he thought 5G was a nefarious plot, hence the target of the AT&T building.

There's probably too little to go on at this point to form any good conclusions about funny business in the official story, but the speed at which authorities seem to be throwing conclusions at the media may contradict that. The speed of a suspect being named reminds me of the 1996 Olympic bombing, which resulted in Richard Jewell being wrongfully accused. Also reminiscent of 9/11/2001, although in both cases it's hard to parse what claims are media speculation/invention and what is directly facilitated by investigating agencies.

The fact that there were no known casualties is also worth noting; was that by design of the bomber, or a failure? Is that the reason for the warning? I suppose it's possible they intended only to damage infrastructure and thus put out the warning to avoid loss of life if possible.

How much time was there on the clock when the countdown started? Was there good reason to not attempt to investigate or disarm, but instead just evacuate? Quite possible those answers are out there, but I haven't seen them yet.

Also, in any other time, the fact that the President of the USA has not yet even bothered to mention the event would be quite interesting, but given who we are dealing with in Trump, I think that particular point is not actually very weighty, since he seems laser focused on his effort to subvert democracy and cling to power and has little time for any actual semblance of governance. .

https://www.cnn.com/2020/12/27/us/nashville-explosion-what-we-know/index.html

(CNN)Authorities have identified Anthony Quinn Warner as the Nashville bomber after matching his DNA to remains found at the scene of the explosion.

"We've come to the conclusion that an individual named Anthony Warner is the bomber. He was present when the bomb went off and then he perished," said Don Cochran, US attorney for the Middle District of Tennessee, during a Sunday evening news conference.

DNA taken from the scene was matched to Warner by forensic analysts, Tennessee Bureau of Investigation Director David Rausch said at the news conference.

Warner, 63, of nearby Antioch, Tennessee, had already been identified as a person of interest in the explosion of a recreational vehicle in downtown Nashville on Christmas morning.
The violence of the explosion was captured in a Nashville police surveillance video posted to Twitter Sunday night. The blast damaged dozens of buildings, injured three people and knocked out AT&T wireless service in and around Nashville.

There is no indication that anybody else was involved and no motive has been determined, said Douglas Korneski, FBI special agent in charge of the Memphis field office.
During a press conference, Korneski declined to comment when asked if the blast could be considered domestic terrorism.
Forensic analysts at the FBI lab in Quantico, Virginia, and the Tennessee Bureau of Investigations matched DNA taken from the explosion scene to Warner, Korneski said.
A vehicle ID number from the RV was also a match for Warner, he said.

Korneski said anyone who may have known Warner or encountered him should contact the FBI so investigators can establish a motive.
"These answers won't come quickly," he said. "Though we may be able to answer some of those questions ... none of those answers will ever be enough for those affected by this event."
When asked by a reporter if Warner had previously been on law enforcement's radar, Rausch said, "No, he has not."
Investigators were able to match DNA samples to Warner quickly because they were able to collect DNA from family members, Korneski said.
Authorities earlier said they believed Warner's remains were found at the blast site, according to several law enforcement officials with direct knowledge of the investigation, who spoke to CNN on the condition of anonymity.
The FBI also gathered DNA from Warner's home, which they began searching Saturday, those sources said.
CNN has attempted to contact Warner's family members but has not heard back.
Surveillance video shows moment of Nashville explosion

Authorities continue to investigate the Christmas morning blast that dealt another blow to a city its mayor says has already had its "hardest year" yet.
Three people were injured in the explosion early Friday and dozens of buildings were damaged. But officials say more people could have been hurt if it wasn't for the swift response of six police officers who evacuated residents after an eerie recorded message coming from the RV warned the vehicle would explode in minutes.
That's exactly what happened next. The explosion tore through buildings, shattered windows and left the street littered with branches, glass and flaming debris.
Here's what we know so far.

What happened
Police said a boxy white RV arrived at 2nd Avenue North in downtown Nashville at 1:22 a.m. (2:22 a.m. ET) Friday. They later tweeted an image of the vehicle.
Several hours later, a resident in the area said she woke up to what sounded like "an automatic weapon."

When she heard the sound again, she called 911. Police said they were called to the location after a report of shots fired around 5:30 a.m.
When officers responded to the scene, they found a white RV parked in front of an AT&T transmission building that was repeatedly broadcasting a warning that an explosion would occur in 15 minutes, police said.
A computerized voice warned residents to "evacuate now," the resident recalled.
Nashville police officers involved in the response told reporters Sunday morning that the recording changed as they were working to evacuate residents from nearby buildings, eventually giving a three-minute warning, as well as playing the 1964 song "Downtown" by Petula Clark.
The blast occurred at 6:30 a.m.

Authorities went to a home after the explosion
Public records show that Warner owned a home on Bakertown Road in Antioch until November 25, 2020, when he signed a quit claim deed giving ownership of the home to a woman.
Federal investigators were at the home Saturday conducting "court-authorized activity," FBI spokesman Jason Pack told CNN.
Bomb technicians cleared the house to make sure it was safe for the evidence team to enter, Pack said, but would not confirm who lives at that address.

A tip about the RV involved in the explosion led law enforcement officials to the Bakertown Road home, a law enforcement official told CNN.

An RV seen on Google Street View at the home appears to match the image of the one authorities posted when they asked the public for information about the vehicle. Investigators believe the RV seen in the photos is the same one at the center of the explosion, the law enforcement source said, but they can't be certain because it was destroyed in the blast.
CNN's analysis of Google Street View images indicates that the RV has been around the property since at least April 2013.
Two neighbors told CNN they had definitely seen the RV that is pictured in the Google satellite photos. They said that while they haven't been out much in the colder weather, they remember seeing it parked there during the summer.

Warner had previously deeded his other property on Bakertown Road to the same woman in 2019, according to public records.

Warner was issued an explosive user permits handler license in November 2013 that expired in November 2016, public records show.
He was also issued an alarm contractor license in November 1993, which expired in 1998, according to Tennessee licensing records.
A man who hired Warner as computer consultant told CNN that the "Tony Warner we knew is a nice person who never exhibited any behavior which was less than professional."
Steve Fridrich of Fridrich & Clark LLC said in a statement that Warner worked for his real estate agency as an independent contractor for several years, servicing the firm's computers. Warner said earlier this month he was retiring and the company had no contact with Warner since then, Fridrich said.
When he learned Warner was a suspect in the bombing, Fridrich said he notified authorities about the work he had performed for his company.
Officials have not connected blast to terrorism
Investigators are looking at "any and all possible motives" in the bombing, Korneski said during the Sunday evening press conference.
Korneski was asked about associates of Warner being questioned about Warner's possible beliefs about telecommunications.

"We're not at a position to speculate on that now," Korneski said, adding they are interviewing people who knew Warner or were familiar with his ideology.

The bombing has not been deemed an act of domestic terrorism because it would have to be tied to an ideology or committed in furtherance of a political or social ideology, Korneski said.
Officials haven't connected the explosion in any way to terrorism, and according to one federal law enforcement source, there were no known credible threats in the Nashville area that would have signaled an impending attack on or before Christmas.

A second law enforcement source said federal authorities are not aware of any increased chatter nationally by known extremist groups that would indicate any credible plans for conducting attacks around the holidays.

While investigators continue gathering information on who may have been responsible for the explosion and why they did it, one expert says the blast likely wasn't supposed to cause a mass killing.
"What makes this so perplexing is the fact that it doesn't appear that the person or people who conspired to do this had any interest in causing any type of mass casualties," said James Gagliano, a retired FBI supervisory special agent and CNN law enforcement analyst.
Mayor John Cooper said the explosion was "clearly done when no one was going to be around."
"It would be a different message if it was 5 p.m. on a Friday," the mayor said. "It seems intentional, but it seems like a one-off."

AT&T says wireless service largely restored
AT&T, which said one of its network hubs was damaged in the explosion, said Sunday that wireless service in and around Nashville has largely been restored.
The network hub in downtown Nashville "suffered significant damage in the blast," AT&T Communications CEO Jeff McElfresh said in a letter to customers on Sunday evening. AT&T was able to reroute some network traffic, but not all.
"Given its importance to customers and first responders, we prioritized restoration of wireless service," McElfresh said. "As of now, 96% of our wireless network is restored, 60% of our business services are restored, and 86% of our consumer broadband and entertainment services are restored. It is our goal to restore all service late today."

AT&T working to restore outages after Nashville explosion
In the immediate aftermath of the blast, AT&T service in Nashville remained online, thanks to backup power supplies.
"Unfortunately, a combination of the explosion and resulting water and fire damage took out a number of backup power generators intended to provide power to the batteries," McElfresh said. "That led to service disruptions across parts of Tennessee, Kentucky and Alabama."
When one network hub is disrupted, typically by a hurricane or other natural disaster, some internet traffic can be rerouted, but not all -- that's why customers across Nashville and other parts of the state reported losing wireless phone service and other connectivity.
An AT&T spokesman declined to comment on speculation that its facility may have been the target of the suspected suicide bomber.

CNN's parent company, WarnerMedia, is owned by AT&T.
Correction: An earlier version of this story wrongly identified the source who told CNN that a tip about the RV led officials to the home of a person of interest. That information is from a law enforcement official.

CNN's Natasha Chen, Margaret Given, Kay Jones, Eric Levenson, Paul P. Murphy, Evan Perez, Shimon Prokupecz, Hollie Silverman, and Brian Stelter contributed to this report.
"When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media in order to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink!"
mentalgongfu2

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Nashville Xmas Bombing 2020

Postby norton ash » Mon Dec 28, 2020 1:46 pm

Downtown by Petula Clarke? What does it mean?

Zen horse
norton ash

Postby mentalgongfu2 » Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:34 pm

The QAnon/Fox News crowd is now up in arms in the belief that the AT&T building was for some inexplicable reason housing a bunch of government-owned Dominion voting machines and was actually struck by a missile in an effort to scrub evidence of pretend election fraud.
"When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media in order to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink!"
mentalgongfu2

Postby Pele'sDaughter » Tue Dec 29, 2020 8:58 am

I don't think video evidence showed any sign of a missile. The video below floats the theory that the bomber acted on his own accord only. I doubt, though, that anything has been proven.The relevant portion starts around the 1.29 mark.

Don't believe anything they say.
And at the same time,
Don't believe that they say anything without a reason.
---Immanuel Kant
Pele'sDaughter

Postby DrEvil » Tue Dec 29, 2020 5:01 pm

mentalgongfu2 » Tue Dec 29, 2020 3:34 am wrote:The QAnon/Fox News crowd is now up in arms in the belief that the AT&T building was for some inexplicable reason housing a bunch of government-owned Dominion voting machines and was actually struck by a missile in an effort to scrub evidence of pretend election fraud.

Yeah, a missile strike in downtown Nashville is much more discreet than formatting the hard drives. Won't draw any unwanted attention at all.
"I only read American. I want my fantasy pure." - Dave
DrEvil

Of course it's a missile...

Postby JackRiddler » Tue Dec 29, 2020 6:14 pm

in the QAnon version.

All Q is intentional bullshit, as out there as they can do it. It's a dual test constantly moving the goalposts. First, how dumb are the followers? Or, more like: how little do they fucking care how dumb it is, other than that it's pro-Trump and annoys the liberals? Second, how dumb are the detractors, the Q-Alarmists or BlueAnons, to think the Q followers are motivated through persuasion and uneducated naivete, rather than a desire to troll liberals (and probably to commit violence against them) that trumps any other care? The Q stories, as I've argued, do not make trolls, they are there to feed them. Counter-persuasion is kind of pointless, as the old wisdom about how you cannot wake one who only pretends to sleep.

Thanks to the video posted by Pele'sDaughter of this Texan fellow -- who is persuasive regarding the Nashville incident -- I now also have the displeasure of learning the name of one Ryan Upchurch for the first time. A Confederate-flag wearing rapper, and a real charmer:

In that sense, Upchurch is working in the decades-old tradition of rappers who’ve incorporated politics into their music, albeit from a Fox News perspective. “White lives, black lives and the blue matter too/So point your gun across the sea and let’s just stand as a group,” he rhymes on the title track to his 2017 album Son of the South, before continuing, “They got people trying to kill us because of our fucking beliefs/And towelheads in the subway with a bomb in the brief.” Another song, “Bloodshed,” which dropped just after a white nationalist killed a counterprotester with his car at a rally to save a Confederate memorial in Charlottesville, Virginia, offers a call for political unity and the kind of rhetoric that makes such unity nearly impossible: “American flags, Confederate flags and Nazis with swastikas/Hate groups throwing piss because they’re mad at a monument.”

We meet at the borders of our being, we dream something of each others reality. - Harvey of R.I.

To Justice my maker from on high did incline:
I am by virtue of its might divine,
The highest Wisdom and the first Love.

TopSecret WallSt. Iraq & more
JackRiddler

Postby Joe Hillshoist » Tue Dec 29, 2020 7:57 pm

There is a screenshot of a tweet from "4 days ago" doing the rounds that claims the AT&T building was hosting the voting machines. It only appeared after the bombing as far as i can tell.
Joe Hillshoist

Postby BenDhyan » Tue Dec 29, 2020 8:35 pm

mentalgongfu2 » Tue Dec 29, 2020 11:34 am wrote:The QAnon/Fox News crowd is now up in arms in the belief that the AT&T building was for some inexplicable reason housing a bunch of government-owned Dominion voting machines and was actually struck by a missile in an effort to scrub evidence of pretend election fraud.

Link?
Ben D
BenDhyan

Postby mentalgongfu2 » Tue Dec 29, 2020 11:01 pm

I prefer not to link to that sort of disinfo at this point. You can google the keywords or just read the comments on any Fox News story about the explosion if you want source material.
mentalgongfu2

Postby BenDhyan » Wed Dec 30, 2020 12:20 am

mentalgongfu2 » Wed Dec 30, 2020 1:01 pm wrote:I prefer not to link to that sort of disinfo at this point. You can google the keywords or just read the comments on any Fox News story about the explosion if you want source material.
Thanks but I'll pass on that, don't usually read Fox News Comments section

Some speculation in this piece...

Girlfriend of Nashville bomber Anthony Warner told cops he was making bombs last year

By Jorge Fitz-Gibbon December 29, 2020

ashville police were warned in 2019 that Anthony Warner was making a bomb inside his RV — but nothing was done to stop him.

Warner’s girlfriend told Nashville cops on Aug. 21, 2019, that he “was building bombs in the RV trailer at his residence,” according to a report Tuesday in The Tennessean.

City cops passed the tip off to the FBI and ATF.

But when authorities showed up at Warren’s door no one answered, and a subsequent request to search the property was denied, The Tennessean reported.

Warner’s bomb-making then continued unhindered until Christmas morning, when he detonated explosives in the vehicle and leveled a stretch of downtown Nashville.

Records reviewed by the newspaper show that Raymond Throckmorton, an attorney for the woman, initially called police and said that Warner’s unnamed gal pal was concerned about comments he had made — and didn’t want two guns she said belonged to Warner in her home.

Throckmorton told police Warner “frequently talks about the military and bomb-making,” and “knows what he is doing and is capable of making a bomb,” the records said.

Police saw the RV in Warren’s driveway but it was fenced off so they did not enter.
see also

Nashville bomber Anthony Warner hunted aliens, believed in ‘lizard people’: report

“They saw no evidence of a crime and had no authority to enter his home or fenced property,” Metropolitan Nashville Police Department spokesman Don Aaron said in a statement to the newspaper.

Nashville PD forwarded the info to the feds, but “the FBI reported back that they checked their holdings and found no records on Warner at all,” Aaron said.

On Aug. 28, 2019, the US Department of Defense also reported that “checks on Warner were all negative,” Aaron told The Tennessean.

“At no time was there any evidence of a crime detected and no additional action was taken,” the spokesman said. “No additional information about Warner came to the department’s or the FBI’s attention after August 2019.”

Warner, 63, popped up on the radar around 6:30 a.m. on Christmas, when he set off a bomb that killed him, injured three others, and damaged 41 buildings.

The blast, outside of an AT&T facility, disrupted communication systems through portions of the Southeast.

https://nypost.com/2020/12/29/nashville-bombers-girlfriend-told-cops-about-bomb-16-months-ago-report/

Ben D
BenDhyan

Postby Cordelia » Wed Dec 30, 2020 4:18 pm

I fucked up posting here yesterday but it’s my wake-up call that I’m so stressed right now I can’t trust myself to think clearly. :oops:
(And I’ve got to slog through a ream of end-of-year reconciliation forms that won’t forgive my ‘date dyslexia’ any more than they’ll forgive debt.)

So until I recover my left brain, I’ll bid Au revoiror or, if not, adieu and see you on the other side. Maybe, if there is one.

I’ve deleted my post because this is a seamless thread w/o me unraveling its fabric. You are the best and brightest and I hope you and your loved ones can all can stay as well and safe as possible,
The greatest sin is to be unconscious. ~ Carl Jung

We may not choose the parameters of our destiny. But we give it its content. ~ Dag Hammarskjold 'Waymarks'
Cordelia

Postby Pele'sDaughter » Thu Dec 31, 2020 8:36 am

Thanks to the video posted by Pele'sDaughter of this Texan fellow -- who is persuasive regarding the Nashville incident -- I now also have the displeasure of learning the name of one Ryan Upchurch for the first time. A Confederate-flag wearing rapper, and a real charmer:

Jack, I did give you the option to skip ahead to the relevant portion, so no one would be offended. I chose that video, because I didn't have a chance to look for another one and I agree that the theory makes more sense.
Don't believe anything they say.
And at the same time,
Don't believe that they say anything without a reason.
---Immanuel Kant
Pele'sDaughter

No one's blaming you

Postby JackRiddler » Thu Dec 31, 2020 11:54 am

Sure I saw your warning but why would I be offended. The Upchurch part was also interesting to learn, so I highlighted it.

PS - Love & Happiness, wondrous 2021.
We meet at the borders of our being, we dream something of each others reality. - Harvey of R.I.

To Justice my maker from on high did incline:
I am by virtue of its might divine,
The highest Wisdom and the first Love.

TopSecret WallSt. Iraq & more
JackRiddler

Postby dada » Thu Dec 31, 2020 1:47 pm

From an nbcnews story: "investigators are aware of statements the suspect made about an internet conspiracy that powerful politicians and Hollywood figures are actually lizards or other reptiles who have extraterrestrial origins and are taking over society, the officials said."

Or other reptiles. Why make the distinction?

Maybe it was an editor. Lots of distinctions being made now, it seems. Founded and unfounded conspiracies. Courteous and bloodthirsty terrorists. But what do they mean?
Both his words and manner of speech seemed at first totally unfamiliar to me, and yet somehow they stirred memories - as an actor might be stirred by the forgotten lines of some role he had played far away and long ago.
dada

Postby dada » Thu Dec 31, 2020 2:11 pm

Maybe the other reptiles are feeling discriminated against. The virtue signalling turtles, snakes and crocodiles demand social justice. Soon they'll want their own seperate class, like the birds. Where will it end?
Both his words and manner of speech seemed at first totally unfamiliar to me, and yet somehow they stirred memories - as an actor might be stirred by the forgotten lines of some role he had played far away and long ago.
dada

Next

Return to General Discussion