Rep. Mark Foley in trouble for creepy emails to 16yo boy

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Foley's searches online

Postby chiggerbit » Mon Oct 02, 2006 10:45 pm

"...The U.S. media largely failed to even report many of these cases..."<br><br>Yes, because some of the "conserverted pedos" are in the media. <p></p><i></i>
chiggerbit

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby rain » Tue Oct 03, 2006 12:05 am

Yep. Now I just can't decide. Was Foley 'outed' 'cos he was easy, possibly even 'kept' for the purpose and to serve as a pressure valve release - 'hey, chase that while we circle the waggons' - or, as a lead to get the ball really rolling.<br><br>There's a huge distinction between a closet gay having lude converstations with teenagers and kidnap, mind control, and highly organised criminal activity for political/ideological ends, much of which find a focal point in the 'Gosch' and Franklin cases.<br><br><br> <p></p><i></i>
rain

Postby chiggerbit » Tue Oct 03, 2006 12:31 am

Robert Parry on this particular scandal, "Why Capitol Pages Fear Retaliation":<br><br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.consortiumnews.com/2006/100206.html">www.consortiumnews.com/2006/100206.html</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--> <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p216.ezboard.com/brigorousintuition.showUserPublicProfile?gid=chiggerbit@rigorousintuition>chiggerbit</A> at: 10/2/06 10:31 pm<br></i>
chiggerbit

Foley and Scientology

Postby anotherdrew » Tue Oct 03, 2006 12:32 am

Looks like he might be in a scientology rehab place now too...<br>I wonder where this will go?<br>--<br>"FLORIDA CONGRESSMAN ACCEPTS SCIENTOLOGY AWARD<br>On May 24, 2003, the "Clearwater Business Association" hosted a brunch in the Fort Harrison’s Ballroom, for Florida Congressman Mark Foley (R).<br><br>Also present at this event was "Republican State committee woman" Nancy Riley. Foley is featured on a Scientology web page promoting their anti-psychiatry front group C.C.H.R. ("Citizen's Comission on Human Rights"). The "Clearwater Business Association" (C.B.A.) appears to be primarily a way to bring politicians into the Scientology fold, by way of Scientologist Brett Miller (second from left in photo below). The primary affiliations of the C.BA.appear to be Scientology, W.I.S.E., and C.C.H.R., and not local businesses."<br><br>www.fso.org/en_US/news-events/pg005.html<br>web.tampabay.rr.com/sp/FLA.html (scroll down) <p></p><i></i>
anotherdrew

Re: Foley and Scientology

Postby rain » Tue Oct 03, 2006 1:34 am

WASHINGTON – Former Congressman Mark Foley said this morning that he is struggling with an alcohol addiction and “behavioral problems” and plans to check into an undisclosed rehabilitation facility. <br><br>"I strongly believe that I am an alcoholic and have accepted the need for immediate treatment for alcoholism and other behavioral problems," Foley said in a statement released by his attorney and reported by the Associated Press.<br><br>Foley resigned abruptly on Friday after ABC News confronted him with sexually explicit e-mails and instant messages he exchanged with teenage male congressional pages.<br><br>An executive committee of the Republican Party of Florida is expected later today to nominate a candidate to replace Foley in the Nov. 7 general election, even though Foley’s name will remain on the ballot.<br><br>Palm Beach County Commissioner Karen Marcus, a Republican whose name surfaced as a potential Foley replacement, said this morning she did not want to run for Congress.<br><br>"I've never really been interested in Congress," Marcus said. "My family is here." <br><br>A longtime friend of Foley's, Marcus recalled meeting with him several months ago to discuss his reelection campaign. Marcus said Foley was being recruited by party officials to challenge U.S. Rep. Katherine Harris of Sarasota in the Republican primary for U.S. Senate.<br><br>Marcus said she saw no signs that Foley had a substance abuse problem. <br><br>"He was just always working," she said. "Maybe it was more apparent in Washington, or a closet thing." <br><br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.tampabays10.com/news/specials/popular/article.aspx?s=popular&storyid=40782">www.tampabays10.com/news/...ryid=40782</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br>can't help considering the irony if the replacement candidate is this guy -<br><br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.sptimes.com/News/101600/Opinion/Ober_for_state_attorn.shtml">www.sptimes.com/News/1016...torn.shtml</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br> <p></p><i></i>
rain

Re: SMS messages & emails

Postby AlicetheCurious » Tue Oct 03, 2006 8:37 am

I think I've missed something: how were the emails and SMS's discovered in the first place?<br><br>Did the page(s) report the communications and surrender their cell phones & computers as evidence? I haven't read that.<br><br>Or is someone monitoring & recording people's private electronic communications?<br><br>I had the same question about Monica Lewinsky's correspondence with Clinton and Linda whats-her-name, but then (shrug) figured Lewinsky herself provided access to her computer or whatever. Especially with her holding on to (and not cleaning) that blue Gap dress stained with Clinton's DNA, it struck me that she was not all that she pretended to be..<br><br>WARNING: Paranoid rantings below:<br><br>Does anyone else wonder if the Republicans and the neocons and the Bush himself have outlived their usefulness as cat's-paws, having done all the dirty work (invasions of Afghanistan & Iraq --pipeline in Afghanistan, civil war in Iraq, undermining the US constitution, Patriot Acts I, II and God knows what else, spying on US citizens, legalizing torture, etc., etc.), and now it's time to throw them out like a dirty kleenex so the Dems can rise up like a new, unsullied kleenex from the box?<br><br>The old good cop / bad cop?<br><br> <p></p><i></i>
AlicetheCurious

Postby robertdreed » Tue Oct 03, 2006 8:57 am

Yeah, Dream's End think that could be the case.<br><br>I don't agree. <br><br>In fact, I think the Bush Dynasty enjoys "testing their Teflon", so to speak- demonstrating how difficult it is for anything negative, no matter how scandalous, to stick to them.<br><br>The title of Bob Woodward's new book is <!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em>State Of Denial</em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END-->.<br><br>But it isn't the Bush administration that's in denial, it's the majority of Americans, even their political opponents. <p></p><i></i>
robertdreed

Postby chiggerbit » Tue Oct 03, 2006 11:19 am

Anybody else think it was really odd that it was ABC that outed Foley? Especially after them airing the partisan<!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em> Path to 9/11</em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END-->? And did anybody catch Katie/CBS's the weird news last night? In-depth and ard hitting on Foley, very good coverage,then moved to the Amish school shootings and closed with a monologue by a father of a boy who had been killed at Columbine, and it was very a very partisan monologue--the shootings are the fault of abortion and no prayer in school, etc., on and on. It was like CBS felt it had to apologize to the right for doing it's job, so gave this guy the podium. I miss Shieffer. <p></p><i></i>
chiggerbit

Postby MASONIC PLOT » Tue Oct 03, 2006 11:29 am

I seriously doubt Bush will leave office in 2008. Ive been saying this for a long time and I am sticking to it. There will be an event that will result in martial law/cancellation of elections in 2008 and this fascist cabal will continue to march forward on its destructive course.<br><br><br>Did anyone find it strange that the link that showed Foleys AOL KEYWORD SEARCHES included the search word ILLUMINATI several times.<br><br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=364x2264341">www.democraticunderground...64x2264341</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://data.aolsearchlogs.com/user/details/show.cgi?startPos=20&ANONID=3892266&QUERY=&maxCount=20">data.aolsearchlogs.com/us...axCount=20</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--> actual search log here, check page two keyword "ILLUMINATI"<br><br> <p></p><i></i>
MASONIC PLOT

Postby rrapt » Tue Oct 03, 2006 11:33 am

That is a good point RDreed. The denial I feel all around me at home and here portrays an image of hands-over-eyes and thumbs-in-ears. Too painful to look at, so I won't. This is a shame and it is what the reptiles have counted on to get them thru their transition to total power.<br><br>I saw Woodward last night on Larry King - even tho he was on for an hour it was only short bursts of info, the pace controlled by King. Woodward has a remarkable presence; when the unavoidable questions come up regarding *what do you think and how much do you know and what will happen next* he exercises his fleshy face into a variety of expressions and humbly denies any responsibility for anything other than "reporting the facts." What a model of sincerity. I had to leave before he was done...whew. All I could think of while watching was - ex-CIA.<br><br>So it appears that they are turning on baby bush and more importantly Cheney. It has to be finely orchestrated - everybody knows that Cheney&Corp does and will use any and all means to retain power. The question inevitably rises: who can they put in as a replacement. I'd love to see some speculation on that. Dems have nobody capable of inheriting this disaster and doing anything with it.<br><br>The Foley fiasco, as mentioned above, is a fairly crude outing of a normalish pol. You must know that his behavior is quite common. The outing could have been in part a warning to everyone showing how easy it is to call in the chips when you step out of line. Yes it punches the goopers where it counts, so that has to be part of the plan. Very interesting to me that ABC is the instrument here - One TV scene that I will always remember vividly is the 03 JFK killing celebration when their news anchor voiced-over a repeated showing of selected parts of the Zapruder film, pounding into the audience that *See, the single-bullet theory is really true, so the argument is over now; forget about it and go about yr business.* My mouth was hanging open for awhile at the arrogance.<br><br>Could it be true that some people really believe this shit? <p></p><i></i>
rrapt

Postby chiggerbit » Tue Oct 03, 2006 11:58 am

Likely more Congress names to come:<br><br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://thinkprogress.org/2006/10/02/pages-ross/">thinkprogress.org/2006/10/02/pages-ross/</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--> <p></p><i></i>
chiggerbit

Postby chiggerbit » Tue Oct 03, 2006 5:31 pm

"Rumor swirls in DC that Nat. Journal will drop bombshell<br>on another Congressman at 5:00 pm EST... Developing?" <p></p><i></i>
chiggerbit

Postby chiggerbit » Tue Oct 03, 2006 6:00 pm

Move to make all Congresspeople mandated reporters. Hot DOG!<br><br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://releases.usnewswire.com/GetRelease.asp?id=73694">releases.usnewswire.com/G...p?id=73694</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--> <p></p><i></i>
chiggerbit

Postby chiggerbit » Tue Oct 03, 2006 6:02 pm

Prepared Remarks of Attorney General Gonzales at the 2006 National Conference on Human Trafficking New Orleans<br><br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://releases.usnewswire.com/GetRelease.asp?id=73692">releases.usnewswire.com/G...p?id=73692</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br><br>Can you hear those wheels spinning? Gonzales announcement:<br><br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://releases.usnewswire.com/GetRelease.asp?id=73655">releases.usnewswire.com/G...p?id=73655</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--> <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p216.ezboard.com/brigorousintuition.showUserPublicProfile?gid=chiggerbit@rigorousintuition>chiggerbit</A> at: 10/3/06 4:08 pm<br></i>
chiggerbit

Postby chiggerbit » Tue Oct 03, 2006 8:56 pm

The consequences of Foleygate could be enormous:<br><br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://politicalwire.com/">politicalwire.com/</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br>".....In NY-26, Reynolds in Danger<br>A recent poll showed Rep. Tom Reynolds (R-NY) with a tough re-election challenge in New York's 26th congressional district, but news of his links to the scandal involving former Rep. Mark Foley (R-FL) forced CQ Politics to change the on Reynolds’ race against Jack Davis (D) to Leans Republican from Safe Republican..."<br><br><br>"....Update: <!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>Ben Smith says New York media today is buzzing about Reynolds' "bizarre press conference yesterday, at which he surrounded himself by small children. At one point, reporters asked if he could make the children leave so they could as adult questions, and he refused.</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END-->...."<br><br> <p></p><i></i>
chiggerbit

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion