2016 Election Day Night

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: 2016 Election Day Night

Postby Joe Hillshoist » Wed Nov 09, 2016 8:48 am

Blue » 09 Nov 2016 22:40 wrote:Goodbye Green Earth. We barely knew ye. The most powerful nation is now headed by someone who says "Global Warming is a Hoax." Who will not participate in any of the climate agreements, going against the rest of the world.

More fracking, more off-shore drilling, more strip mining, more evathin! We so smart. We gonna git jobs and stuff!

There is zero hope now that we can stay under 2C.

I know. This is seriously scary.
Joe Hillshoist

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Joe Hillshoist » Wed Nov 09, 2016 8:48 am

Blue » 09 Nov 2016 22:43 wrote:
Morty » Wed Nov 09, 2016 3:31 am wrote:I haven't been able to catch it myself, listening to various partial replays of his speech, but apparently Trump said words to the effect "however long this lasts, 2 years, 3 years, 4 years, 8 years..."

Does he know something we don't? (Is he thinking "well I might last two years before the courts catch up with me..."? Or maybe, at 70, today he's thinking "I'm too damn old for this shit!")

He'll be bored in less than 2 years. He will be expected to actually um, work and he thinks he can just bail - hire top notch lawyers to get him out of it.

He probably just doesn't know how long his terms are.
Joe Hillshoist

Postby 2012 Countdown » Wed Nov 09, 2016 8:53 am

Blue » Wed Nov 09, 2016 7:40 am wrote:Goodbye Green Earth. We barely knew ye. The most powerful nation is now headed by someone who says "Global Warming is a Hoax." Who will not participate in any of the climate agreements, going against the rest of the world.

More fracking, more off-shore drilling, more strip mining, more evathin! We so smart. We gonna git jobs and stuff!

There is zero hope now that we can stay under 2C.

No...its "Global warming is a hoax started by the Chinese, to make US business non-competitive"!

Any of you folks more worried about some fucking pipeline still?

Congrats, Here comes the bulldozer, better move that ego/pride and conviction out the fucking way, loser.

Remaining question- Does this mean the vote machines cannot be rigged?

Alex Jones is IN the WH now. Alt-right is IN the WH. THE Birther is IN the WH. Lunacy is IN the WH.

extinction level event.

Congrats!
George Carlin ~ "Its called 'The American Dream', because you have to be asleep to believe it."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acLW1vFO-2Q
2012 Countdown

Postby Blue » Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:10 am

2012 Countdown » Wed Nov 09, 2016 6:53 am wrote:extinction level event.

Congrats!

For years I have tried to refrain from taking the easy route of letting go and accepting that it's probably for the best that humans go the way of the Dodo. But we live in a do or die timeframe with regards to the runaway train of global warming. It's beyond my comprehension that even with record heat in November and polar bears drowning before our eyes that people think they are immune from these changes. It's like the poor ignorant shits live vicariously through the filthy rich that can sail through the Northwest Passage on the Crystal Serenity in a $50,000 berth.

I know. It's all by design.
Blue

Postby cptmarginal » Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:12 am

I also feel sick to my stomach seeing virtually everyone across my social
networks having a collective mental breakdown of grief.

Yeah. That's the funny thing: Trump voters wouldn't really have been all that perturbed had Clinton won. They certainly wouldn't be crying. I take this as a primary clue that something is wrong with how we collectively have been viewing this whole process.

I'm thinking about this right now:

Dead zones of the imagination

Whether one is dealing with masters and servants, men and women, employers and employees, rich and poor, structural inequality—what I’ve been calling structural violence—invariably creates highly lopsided structures of the imagination. Since I think Smith was right to observe that imagination tends to bring with it sympathy, the result is that victims of structural violence tend to care about its beneficiaries far more than those beneficiaries care about them. This might well be, after the violence itself, the single most powerful force preserving such relations.
cptmarginal

Postby MacCruiskeen » Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:19 am

It will be an irony worth savouring if Trump turns out to be the least bellicose US president since Jimmy Carter, winds down the Empire, and makes good on his repeated promise (in that acceptance speech*) to be a president for all Americans.

2012 Countdown wrote:extinction level event.

Congrats!

And it would have been what if HClinton had won? Good News for the planet? A victory for ecology. truth, justice and the American Way?

Blue wrote:More fracking, more off-shore drilling, more strip mining, more evathin!

You mean more of what Obama presided over for eight years while liberal "opposition" to the US Death Machine consisted in nothing more than snickering at "rednecks" and "conspiracy theorists" while making excuses for his drone-killings, his frackings, his pardonings of war criminals, his promotion of TTIP, etc., ad nauseam.

Liberals. You gotta love 'em. (It's compulsory.)

*Which, by the way, I found both far less obnoxious and far less robotic than practically anything I've ever heard Obama say.
"Ich kann gar nicht so viel fressen, wie ich kotzen möchte." - Max Liebermann,, Berlin, 1933

"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts." - Richard Feynman, NYC, 1966

TESTDEMIC ➝ "CASE"DEMIC
MacCruiskeen

Postby RocketMan » Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:28 am

8bitagent » Wed Nov 09, 2016 3:05 pm wrote:My God Novem5er, just realized something....Alex Jones is now in the white house.

:help:

:rofl:

:sadcry:

That's right old chap, by Jove...
-I don't like hoodlums.
-That's just a word, Marlowe. We have that kind of world. Two wars gave it to us and we are going to keep it.
RocketMan

Postby MacCruiskeen » Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:42 am

Trump and Giuliani are now Kings of New York. Expect a building boom.
"Ich kann gar nicht so viel fressen, wie ich kotzen möchte." - Max Liebermann,, Berlin, 1933

"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts." - Richard Feynman, NYC, 1966

TESTDEMIC ➝ "CASE"DEMIC
MacCruiskeen

Postby General Patton » Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:46 am

"Sources said..." isn't good enough. Hillary has to actually concede. The last "official" statement was Podesta saying wait for tomorrow (so they can think of any possible angle to contest the result). The result isn't easily contestable though, unless they rely on fabricating Russian hacking, etc... gonna be interesting to see how they spin this.

Statement from HRC at 9:30 EST
штрафбат вперед
General Patton

Postby RocketMan » Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:00 am

General Patton » Wed Nov 09, 2016 4:46 pm wrote:"Sources said..." isn't good enough. Hillary has to actually concede. The last "official" statement was Podesta saying wait for tomorrow (so they can think of any possible angle to contest the result). The result isn't easily contestable though, unless they rely on fabricating Russian hacking, etc... gonna be interesting to see how they spin this.

Statement from HRC at 9:30 EST

I do believe Hillary made The Call to Trump already, per Trump himself in the victory speech.

I don't think there's any official Concession Procedure, anyway.
-I don't like hoodlums.
-That's just a word, Marlowe. We have that kind of world. Two wars gave it to us and we are going to keep it.
RocketMan

Postby 82_28 » Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:42 am

I forget who said it, but trump promised this would be rigged. So now what? Was it rigged or what? Believe me, believe me this election will be rigged. So was it? Besides Jill Stein I voted straight D and thankfully (I guess) they all won.

As far as being rigged, he promised it. Thus it was. No two ways about it. I have just been thinking it was like a reverse play in American football. Clinton was actually the decoy and not the other way around. That is my best analogy.

Freitag, some words for you. . .

Chill the fuck out. I like you. Don't make me have to be a dick because I am not. You have said some lame needless things. Carry on as I do not give a shit, but try to be a little more nice. Thanks!

Oh and also, we're fucked.

Cheers. Woohoo, the most disgusting human on the face of Earth is our prez. Fuck.
There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

Postby Rory » Wed Nov 09, 2016 11:28 am

seemslikeadream » Tue Nov 08, 2016 11:36 pm wrote:
Wombaticus Rex » Wed Nov 09, 2016 2:15 am wrote:
General Patton » Wed Nov 09, 2016 2:10 am wrote:Hillary has not conceded :partyhat

Indeed, the simultaneous convergence of CNN and FOX starting to repeat "tomorrow morning" is pretty suspect.

all the morning papers are running with 'To Be Announced'

The first Black President to be succeed by a man endorsed by the KKK

SLaD - genuinely sorry. Hope you're not too down about this: There's lots of work to be done rooting out the weeds and getting the place ready for 2020.

Good luck, peace and love :lovehearts:
Rory

Postby Jerky » Wed Nov 09, 2016 11:33 am

It just struck me, right this very moment, that considering my health issues and my age, Donald Trump (or probably more likely Pence) is likely to be the last American President that I will ever know.

My heart is breaking over this.

J.
Jerky

Postby Jerky » Wed Nov 09, 2016 11:39 am

Jesus fucking Christ.

A LYNCHING apologist.

J.

tapitsbo » 09 Nov 2016 08:50 wrote:Journalist, singular.

Many of these journalists have themselves been fond of calling for mass murder in unsubtle, literal terms.

A sense of proportion helps (it can help us appreciate moderate rebels like the one pictured above.)
Jerky

Postby General Patton » Wed Nov 09, 2016 11:42 am

She's late for her speech but she's been late to lots of these things
штрафбат вперед
General Patton

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion